mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Denali National Park video

No music...no special effects...nothing fancy here...just a look at the ride from Teklanika to Polychrome Pass in Denali Natl. Park, Alaska. It's mostly scenery with a few mountain goats and grizzly bears tossed in. It's 15min long but if you're interested in Denali it might be entertaining. 32mi, 3000 feet of climbing. Not a difficult ride but incredibly beautiful.

Denali Park Video

mtbr member
    Nice ride.

I rode from my house at Chena Marina out to Birch Lake this weekend. First snow riding of the season. Hitting the Ester Trails tonight. Awesome evening, winter isn't quite here yet!

Duncan
    Fairbanks AK

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

whoa...

what was the mileage on that? Every road ride seems to be a possible last road ride...

mtbr member
    Lost Lake is 65 miles, but it's all flat until you get past Salcha. We have a cabin at Lost Lake, I try to ride out when I can. It usually takes between 3.5 and 4.5 hours depending on the wind. I took the road bike I used to race in the late '70s. Our gravelly roads are brutal on my 700X23 tires. I have taken my mountain bike, but it's twice the effort.

Tonight I rode the mountain bike up Ester Dome to Henderson, then down Henderson to St Patrick. Took St. Patrick back to Sheep Creek, hit the UAF trail, then home down Chena Pump. At least half if it was dirt.

Chilly, but nice.

Cheers,

Duncan
    Last edited by AlaskaStinson; 10-01-2012 at 10:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Well done. I did an out and back today to close in on my 4,000 mile mark. If it doesn't snow or rain I'll hit it Tuesday. I only have about 20mi to knock off. Studs go on my 29er soon...

mtbr member
    Got to ask. 4000 this year? I rode my button off and didn't quite get 2000. Good going. In ANC today. No riding for me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

rolled over 4,000 today

Actually I had hit it some short time ago. My Garmin screwed up during the Fireweed 400 and I had almost no miles from that and I had a similar issue on a three day tour but I wanted to "see it" on the read out. Dunno why. My garmin 500 now shows 4005. Did 60 yesterday and went for an easy spin today and rolled it over. I also had about 30 hours of spinning class during the first few months. I'm guessing that if I counted them as 15mi per hour I would roll 5,000 by the end of the year but my mileage (as you know) will plummet now. No more century rides, no more 60 or 70 mi days. Nearly all my riding in the winter is one to two hour rides at much reduced speed.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    nice nice