Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    mtbr member

Special offer from Shapeways 15% off anything in Nederlandse Oranje

In honor of Their Dutch heritage, Shapeways is offering 15% off all Orange Strong & Flexible this week to celebrate King's Day. Use code KINGSDAY15 to save on anything from the marketplace through Friday May 1*.

mtbr member

How to Mount a GoPro on a Garmin Virb Rotating Mount

A custom GoPro mount that uses a Virb Flat or Curved Rotating mount. Here is how I mounted My GoPro on the Garmin mount. First you need these two items from the Garmin Virb mount.

Then I had this GoPro/Garmin Mount Insert 3D printed.

Once inserted in the mount and the Garmin Lock ring screwed on and hand tightened you have this.

Now the rest of the hardware is standard GoPro stuff, you can attach the camera directly here or any of the myriad of GoPro extensions or attachments.

I really like the fact that this arrangement allows the GoPro to be tilted and rotated in as small and secure mount as possible, it is easy to loosen the lock ring just enough to rotate the mount to get the angle you need.
    Last edited by WheresWaldo; 05-07-2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Spelling

mtbr member
    Anything new out there? I picked up a session recently, and would like to be able to quickly/ easily move it from bike to bike. The Talon looked really promising, but appears funding wasn't successful. All the others are super bulky.
    "There are two kinds of mountain bikers in the world: those who are faster than me, and me."

banned
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by alshead View Post
    Anything new out there? I picked up a session recently, and would like to be able to quickly/ easily move it from bike to bike. The Talon looked really promising, but appears funding wasn't successful. All the others are super bulky.
    There is a new 360 degree swivel Gopro mount that was just introduced.

It looks like it is more functional and robust than the cheesy and weak mounts that litter this thread.

http://shop.gopro.com/mounts/pro-han...AMHSM-001.html

mtbr member
    Huh- still nothing QR though. I'd even go for something that could be used with the stock QR bases. A GoPro QR base that had the standard GoPro interface on the bottom would work, then I could use something like the K-Edge on two bikes and easily move it between them...
    "There are two kinds of mountain bikers in the world: those who are faster than me, and me."

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alshead View Post
    Huh- still nothing QR though. I'd even go for something that could be used with the stock QR bases. A GoPro QR base that had the standard GoPro interface on the bottom would work, then I could use something like the K-Edge on two bikes and easily move it between them...
    Thankfully something like that does exist!

Clip Adapter from SP, other companies make them but difficult to track down.

I just bought a second GoPro so picked up a few of those SP mounts to make it easier to swap cameras about to different spots.

mtbr member
    ^Sick! Thanks! I've been looking all over for exactly that. Ordering now...

mtbr member
    I'm looking for a GoPro mount that will fit my Thomson stem... there's the Roll Bar Mount:

http://shop.gopro.com/mounts/roll-bar-mount/GRBM30.html

But since the Thomson Elite X4 stem is flat on the top and bottom, the curved form of the Roll Bar Mount doesn't work well. Is there anything similar to this that has flat clamps on top and bottom, and a similar way to tighten the clamp to my stem?

Hella Olde
    I browsed the titles of this thread but didn't see anyone's under-visor mounting techniques. I'd like to stick the Session I'm buying to replace my Hero 4 Silver (lost/stolen) up under the visor on my DH helmet but am hesitant to rely on 3M stickies on the uneven surface. TLD D2 and 100% Aircraft helmets. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Ok so finally received the SP mounts linked above. They work great, really positive click on the gopro qr mounts, and the SP mounts actually come with 2 SP branded QR which are good also.

Only issue so far is the mount is quite tall so needed to re-think positioning, but its stiff so havnt suffered any vibration induced footage wobble when ive mounted it to my handle bars to test.

DH40 - regarding your question, you should start a new post to get the best answers, but this might be of interest to your question... Making a Sugru GoPro mount - Factory Jackson Factory Jackson

mtbr member
    I have a TLD D3 and my body has a 100% Aircraft helmet. We use Sugru and were able to mount our gropros in the fully seal case. There is just enough room and you dont see it while riding.
    I like the position much better than any other helmet mount, but the footage you get is much better as a "chase cam" and no so great for riding solo or out front. If you tilt the camera lower to get more of your own action, it makes it more difficult to watch. I still prefer the chesty for a good rider perspective.
    13 SJ Evo, 14 Aurum, 14 Fatboy, 15 P.3

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwTQNLdkoDY

I am not using a go-pro in this vid but it is still a custom mount for my handlebars, its the first time i've ever tried something like this where do you suggest i mount the camera to get less shaky footage.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8Z7Vf2tEmM

Another example of my incredibly shaky footage

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345