Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Custom GoPro mounts

155K views 212 replies 87 participants last post by  ppilling13 
#1 ·
After almost losing (and / or destroying) my GoPro Wide and breaking my only seat-post mount, I decided to build a rock-solid seat-post mount and a new handlebar mount. I should be able to test them out this weekend and post a video.
Anyway, here are my two new mounts - made with a few dollars worth of hardware store PVC parts, SS clamps and 5-minute epoxy....

P.S.
I am always interested in seeing new mounts, so please post your photos. I know that Lee and others have posted some cool ones in other forums.

See less See more
#151 · (Edited)
Made my own quick DIY seat post mount after my buddy when over the handlebars twice behind me yesterday, i promised i wouldn't miss it again haha.

Just used some mounting foam on the inside of the pvc to get a snug fit, cut about an 1/8 section of the pvc out so that i could use the hose clamps to keep it tight...works like a charm, now i just need to get my car back from the shop to get my mounts out of the trunk!

Edit: Also old reflector brackets make the perfect/easiest handle bar mounts ever.

#152 · (Edited)
DIY Chest mount

I thought I'd share my recent DIY project. I never used or planned on using the head strap mount that came with my GoPro and I only sparingly used the chest mount harness I bought for $40. So I took ideas from here and other web searches and came up with this...
So I used both elastic straps that came on the head strap mount and attached a couple buckles from the waist belt of an old backpack. Then added two nylon straps with buckles for the shoulder part of the harness and BAM! Now I can return the chest mount harness and get the LCD back pack ;)
For some reason the flickr link isn't showing up, at least on my computer so here's the link,
DIY CHESTY | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

#154 ·
thought i'd throw this update out there...made a functional version using some nylon strap, clips, and sliders. the base is made out of the bottom of an old disc golf bag, two pieces sewn together. Seems to work pretty well just riding around the house, i'll be taking it out this afternoon to give it a full test.

#161 ·
If you break those your a hurtin unit.. :)

There are some creative mounts out there. I was looking at a 360 swivel option that some moto guys wear.. May have to try one of those. Here is one that I did recently.. Looking at making one for my ankle when I surf. Nice work by the way burly foo shoaa..

You can view my mount on youtube search for zenxteninc that will do it..

#168 ·
I've been experimenting with different mounting options for my gopro using a mini ultrapod tripod. Its dead handy to use because of the attached velcro strap and the ball joint. Its not the most robust mount but is quick and easy for adding different views

First in response to another thread asking for headbadge mounts here is one I think will work easily. I havent tried it. You can see a couple of big zip ties reinforcing it to reduce shake

Now a couple on the down tube pointing at the point where the wheels meet the ground. Originally used this to show how well the Moonlander works in the sand, front and back

Lastly the ultrapod mounted to a pole and then mounted to a chainstay to give an off the back close to the ground view.

There are 2 videos here http://forums.mtbr.com/videos-pov-cameras/fatbike-desert-gopro-videos-794288.html that used these (not the headbadge mount) options

Thanks to all who have posted their mounts, its given me lots to think about and work on, shukkran. :thumbsup:

#174 ·
My first post here! I picked up this idea somewhere on the internet, can't remember where...

Our new Mountain Bike GoPro Mount | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Here is a short movie testing this custom mount in my backyard. I mounted it on both on the front and the rear brake caliper mount. Next step is testing it on rougher trails, but i'll have to wait just a little more for the spring... :(

First Hero3 Movie - YouTube

Cheers, Alex

btw, i hate youtube downsizing video quality... the original export looks much better :(

#175 ·
vented helmet mount

i've had the gopro for over a year now with only a handful of usage since the seatpost mount playback was extremely jittery. i tried the chest mount but withe the camelback on it was uncomfortable. yesterday i finally tried the vented helmet mount but the plastic clips were not strong enough so i replaced it with industrial velcro and so far so good!!! and only $17!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.