Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

This is a Crime - Riding at Santos - Ocala FL

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  mrm1 
#1 ·
People this stupid should not be allowed to have Mt Bikes. :D

Here we were today cutting up on the trails at Santos. I am riding my new 2004 Marin Rock Springs. Also feature is Ricky the Newbie on a Haro V3 Hard tail.

#6 ·
Errr? Did I miss something? They just looked like noobs on easy trails. Were they left of sober or something?

I took a noob on a much hard trail than this yesterday.

Don't get it. PM me if you don't want to post

#7 ·
They were easy trails. It mostly had to do with camera position, but we were just goofing off mostly. The "stupid" guy with me was a total noob ... first time. I was not so much worried about what he could or could not do, I was more concerned about what he would do and then get hurt. He has no health insurance and his pregnant wife would have then killed me :)

#12 ·
I shot it mostly to show the New Marin Rock Springs taking some bumps. My intent was to show those interested and who had been following the assembly thread what the bike looked like on a ride. I posted it because (at least to me) it was funny. At least the dummy rolling down the hill was funny - that was spontaneous and unscripted.

If you know Ocala/Santos, The beginning of the Video was actually the end of our 3 hour ride. That guy was crying like a baby at this point and I was riding with one hand holding the camera in the other. That beginning clip was the North west side of Santos on the Pine Tree Trail heading back to the parking area.

The section where he rolls down the hill was shot in the pit on the Marshmallow Trail. Everything else was shot either on Cow Bone (at the beginning following the intro) or Sink Hole (early middle section of the video). We did not have the camera with us when we road back into the Vortex.

Trail Map

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.