I <3 NM

Contour HD mounting options?

Looking for ideas on mounting the Contour HD so I can get some "GoPro-style" chest cam footage.

Anyone have an idea on how to go about this?

Thx in advance!
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

mtbr member
    My recommendation would be "don't". But I don't like the ET looking arms you get from that perspective because of the wide FOV.

Other than that, I don't have a recommendation. I think there are mounts out there you can use, though.

Here's one: RAM Chest Mount for VholdR Contour 1080p - YouTube Check at about :50 into the video.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

I <3 NM
    Quote Originally Posted by skiahh View Post
    My recommendation would be "don't". But I don't like the ET looking arms you get from that perspective because of the wide FOV.

Other than that, I don't have a recommendation. I think there are mounts out there you can use, though.

Here's one: RAM Chest Mount for VholdR Contour 1080p - YouTube Check at about :50 into the video.

I'd just like a little variety to the vids and some chest cam footage would break up the monotney of endless helmet cam footage, imo
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBNate View Post
    I'd just like a little variety to the vids and some chest cam footage would break up the monotney of endless helmet cam footage, imo
    What about frame mounted? Mine's mounted along the headtube. I have a Lefty, so no cables on the right side and I get a nice clear picture.

Not sure what else will show the trail instead of the bike.

Reverse mount under the seat if you're riding in a group (and not slow and usually last like me!)?
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    There's entire threads dedicated to this in the sticky and available via search
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/