Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    421

    contour hd = bit*ch>>>???

    what am i doing wrong.....

    every time i switch out the sd card i have to take out the battery..... wait 18 mins than put in the battery and try again....

    other wise the camera wont even turn on.....?>>????

    any one else find this or di d i just get lucky twice....

    (2 contourhd..1st one died after 6 days and this one is brand new today,,,,'

    i have a 8gb scandisk speed 2...... if anyone does switch out cards ... do you use the same exact card>>><><

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    371
    I just hooked mine up, and used it once, and again on todays upcoming ride. I have not taken the card out myself yet, but my boss popped it out, and it just fired right back up.

  3. #3
    govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Reputation: ArmySlowRdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,176
    I just got mine as well. Just tested for a short minute in the room. No problems. BUT I have the 720HD and therefore no need to even use the included software. Reading on VHOLDR support forums it seems lots of people have problems with MACs, when using the software, and when trying to delete files off the card. I use a PC, neoscene and Vegas 9c, Windows 32 bit 7, and use the card in a reader instead of hooking the cam to the computer. I expect there will be no problems.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23
    I had exactly that issue. I believe here are some switch issues with the ContourHD. I sent mine to VholdR and they are replacing it.

    Btw, I found a lot of information on the forum on the VholdR site.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    421

    update, update,,,, my fault...

    here is the deal......


    there is a special way to format the memory card on the mac.... it involes not only the format part of diskutility but aslo the partition part too.... i could not find these instructions on the website... but he told me they were there....... here it is.... exactly how to format the card on a mac...:::::

    Here are the steps for reformatting your SD card on a Mac:

    - Find the “Disk Utility” (should be found by going to your “Applications” folder and then your “Utilities” folder)
    - Select the SD card drive and select “Erase”
    - Use MSDOS FAT setting and select “Erase”

    - Now, select the pull-down menu beneath the text “Volume Scheme:” labeled “Current” and select “1 Partition”
    - Click the “options...” button
    - Select “Master Boot Record” and click “OK”
    - Click the “apply” button
    - You will get a dialog box, click the “Partition” button
    - Wait a few seconds and the card should work.


    part 2 i ve never even heard of... but now i can use the camera how ever i want... changing bateries and memory sticks and stuff....

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    371
    I had a great ride with camera today. I don't like the helmet mount, that came with it, and I don't really like the one you can buy for it. I like to have the camera upright, not on it's side. I rigged a mount, and made some test runs.

    Here's the edited version of todays ride

    http://www.me.com/gallery/#100369

  7. #7
    Always klingin on
    Reputation: Blandy_McNugget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr
    I just got mine as well. Just tested for a short minute in the room. No problems. BUT I have the 720HD and therefore no need to even use the included software. Reading on VHOLDR support forums it seems lots of people have problems with MACs, when using the software, and when trying to delete files off the card. I use a PC, neoscene and Vegas 9c, Windows 32 bit 7, and use the card in a reader instead of hooking the cam to the computer. I expect there will be no problems.
    Do you have a seperate charger for it?

    Also, how's the Sony Vegas software compared to any others you've used? Most of my stuff is compositions and I have a bunch of cuts from a lot of different files. I'm using the freeware version of Videopad Video editor and it handles everything I've thrown at it. I'm just wondering if there's something I'm missing from pay to play version.

    I did see they've got a free trial you can download but was wondering if you or anyone else here has tried the two products and could put together a quick comparison.

  8. #8
    Tool
    Reputation: Pedalphile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Blandy_McNugget
    Do you have a seperate charger for it?

    Also, how's the Sony Vegas software compared to any others you've used? Most of my stuff is compositions and I have a bunch of cuts from a lot of different files. I'm using the freeware version of Videopad Video editor and it handles everything I've thrown at it. I'm just wondering if there's something I'm missing from pay to play version.

    I did see they've got a free trial you can download but was wondering if you or anyone else here has tried the two products and could put together a quick comparison.
    I have a fair amount of experience with VideoPad, which is precisely why I'm currently trying out an eval copy of Sony Vegas. I haven't completed a project in Vegas yet, but the included tutorials are extremely helpful - within about 20 minutes I was able to do everything I could do in VideoPad and more. I can't say this with certainty yet, but my project work is similar to yours, and I blelieve Vegas will save me time (I usually sync my video clips to music, so timing is very important - having mutiple video tracks in Vegas should greatly help with that since it will allow me to adjust the start time of one clip without affect adjacent clips - that is by far the most time consuming task in my VideoPad projects.

    The other thing that's cumbersome in VP is transitions - there's no way to multi-select clips and set transitions, nor is there a way to set a default transition for each clip, and therefore you have to manually set each and every transition - I don't know if Vegas improves on this or not, but it's hard to imagine it doesn't. I'm sure the experts will chime in with more specific info...

    -Pete
    I can barely get my mouth around it.

  9. #9
    Always klingin on
    Reputation: Blandy_McNugget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalphile
    The other thing that's cumbersome in VP is transitions - there's no way to multi-select clips and set transitions, nor is there a way to set a default transition for each clip, and therefore you have to manually set each and every transition - I don't know if Vegas improves on this or not, but it's hard to imagine it doesn't. I'm sure the experts will chime in with more specific info...
    Thanks for the info.

    For VP, I've been able to set the transitions for multiple clips by selecting them all (select one in the Video track then pressing ctrl-A or just holding the shift key down and selecting them), then selecting the transition.

  10. #10
    Tool
    Reputation: Pedalphile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Blandy_McNugget
    Thanks for the info.

    For VP, I've been able to set the transitions for multiple clips by selecting them all (select one in the Video track then pressing ctrl-A or just holding the shift key down and selecting them), then selecting the transition.
    I hadn't tired that way - I'd only tried by via the Edit menu, and Transitions is greyed out whenever I have multiple clips selected.

    Using the Transition drop down in the Video Track box, however, there was no Fade Thru Black option (perhaps that's what the one merely called 'Fade' is?), and it didn't give me the option to set the duration, so I have no idea what it might be using or how to set a different value in one swoop. As a bonus, once I did this with three video clips selected (I chose 'Fade' to see what it was), VP more or less hung, and it's been attempting to apply some kind of processing to every single clip in my project, not just the three I selected, for the last 20 minutes.

    Oh, well, I appreciate the tip despite not being impressed with the program, although I have to admit it's a great value for the price of $0.

    I'll report back once I've had a chance to complete a project in Vegas.

    -Pete
    I can barely get my mouth around it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •