mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Contour +2 mounting

I'm looking for a mount to put my +2 on the down tube, fork, seatpost, chainstay or any place it records a good video. There are 3 mounts for this purpose. The contour flex strap, contour roll bar mount and the gopro roll bar mount (with an adapter)
    Does anybody have experience with any of these mounts?

mtbr member
    I use the flex strap and have had great results with it in mounting my ROAM alongside the headtube and on a rigid fork. I haven't put one on a chainstay yet, but will eventually with the strap. Same for the seat post, though the roll bar mount might be better there.
    Last edited by skiahh; 12-13-2013 at 03:29 PM.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Is the flex strap secure enough for you? I heard stories about contours slipping off, but I can't really imagine it would. My +2 is secure with the adhesive mount which shouldn't be different. No slipping.
    From the 3 mounts the flex strap seems to be the best choice. Compact, works well, easy to use. The mounting of the roll bar mount just seems to be a pain in the ..s . Struggling with a screwdriver to secure it..

mtbr member
    Completely secure. I suppose it depends on how tight you secure it.

Here's a video using the ROAM strapped to the fork of a Borealis Yampa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldzrlr9-ZGs

And here's one (same trail) strapped to the toptube, alongside the headtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANLoEtF2eVA
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    yup, use the flex strap (well a modified one now) with my HD1080 and the Roam2 for top tube mounting. totally awesome.

I did make a block with a stick on surface mount and just use the strap it's self now but only because I wanted it to be spaced off the top tube more. Mostly so the cables aren't in the middle of the picture. I don't mind them there (actually I like them in the corners), but don't want them the center of interest.
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Thanks for the answers. The flex strap will be to one I get. Looks very stable and simple to use.