mtbr member

Best Windows program similar to i-movie?

Merry Christmas everyone! I just opened up a shiny new VIRB Elite, but I am really not impressed with the VIRB Edit software. Is there something similar to i-movie for Windows? Thank you for your time!
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

mtbr member
    I've used Movie Maker which is a free MS product... But I only really use it to edit videos, add music, etc... Obviously there are better products out there but they probably won't be free...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Adobe Premier Elements 12. Not free, but about as close to i-movie in terms of ease of use and simplicity. Actually has more transitions and themes than i-movie, and I like the royalty free music that auto sizes to the time of the movie track--with that said, I still predominantly use i-movie but I am started to play with Final Cut.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the responses guys! I appreciate the help!

Airborne Flight Crew
    Premiere and Premiere elements are great. The "elements" version is much more affordable, but I think there's trial versions of each.

Movie Maker is very basic, but will get the job done if you don't want to be too creative.

Also check on Sony Vegas, I think they have a somewhat affordable version, and also a trial you can download.

Have fun!!
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

re member
    Sony still makes an "affordable" version of Vegas, but they dropped the Vegas name on that version a few releases ago and now call it 'Sony Movie Studio'.

If you don't need the very latest edition, the older releases can be found on Amazon for pretty good prices.

Amazon.com: Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 Production Suite [Old Version]: Software

The "vegas" name is still around, but only applys to the pro version now.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Avatar
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jhazard View Post
    Premiere and Premiere elements are great. The "elements" version is much more affordable, but I think there's trial versions of each.

Movie Maker is very basic, but will get the job done if you don't want to be too creative.

Also check on Sony Vegas, I think they have a somewhat affordable version, and also a trial you can download.

Have fun!!
    Thanks jhazzard! I will try out the trial version tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Sony still makes an "affordable" version of Vegas, but they dropped the Vegas name on that version a few releases ago and now call it 'Sony Movie Studio'.

If you don't need the very latest edition, the older releases can be found on Amazon for pretty good prices.

Amazon.com: Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 Production Suite [Old Version]: Software

The "vegas" name is still around, but only applys to the pro version now.
    Nice! One more to add to the list as well - this will give me several to play around with. Thanks! I have a lot of reading and research to do...

mtbr member
    I was also looking at low cost video editing software for the PC.

This one stands out as very advanced and it is free, the learning curve might not make ti the best choice for everyone though. Lightworks

Might be worth a look if you want to do some advanced stuff.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by orind View Post
    Adobe Premier Elements 12. Not free, but about as close to i-movie in terms of ease of use and simplicity. Actually has more transitions and themes than i-movie, and I like the royalty free music that auto sizes to the time of the movie track--with that said, I still predominantly use i-movie but I am started to play with Final Cut.
    What he said. I've been using Premier Elements 10 for a while now and it's pretty simple, once you get the hang of it - and there are plenty of instructional videos on YT to help with that! - and very capable for your average amateur filmmaker.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    Lightworks added to the list (for free it looks very impressive), all I need is for Saturday to roll around so I can try it all out. I picked up a handlebar mount for it, and some screen protectors - not diggin' the convex lens protruding past the camera.