Thread: Battery bacpac

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Battery bacpac

I am thinking of buying the battery bacpac. I was wondering what kind of extended times are folks seeing using the battery bacpac? Is it worth it, or is it better to buy a second battery then just swap it out when needed?

Thanks

Certifiably Crazy
    I get a good four hours of shooting the with it. You won't be able to use it with the chest strap. it makes the camera too thick and the camera points downwards. Unless I am missing something.
    2011 Felt Z5
    2012 Felt Nine Race
    2013 Felt Edict Nine

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Thanks,
    I let the unit run last night, an recorded the clock. Got a little more than 2.5 hours out of the standard battery. I think Im going to buy the Wasabi power option for 25 vs the backpack for 50. This way I get a wall charger, a car cahrger, and 2 additional batteries for the unit for half the price.

Amazon.com: Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for GoPro HD HERO3 and GoPro AHDBT-201, AHDBT-301: Camera & Photo

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Carloswithac View Post
    I get a good four hours of shooting the with it. You won't be able to use it with the chest strap. it makes the camera too thick and the camera points downwards. Unless I am missing something.
    You can allways flip the camera up side down. works great
    Motobecane Fantom Pro 29
    89 Kawasaki 650 SX with Mods
    00 Sea-Doo RX 70+ mph
    92 Mustang LX convert 347

2006 Yeti AS-X
    I bought one but found it too bulky.. I use it to charge my batteries.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.