mtbr member

anyone know what kind of mount is used on this video?

i love this angle but cant figure out what kind of mount he's using.. he's riding a giant reign

Fox 32 Float RL Working - GoPro 960 - YouTube

this is the bike he's riding for frame reference

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Looks like he might be using the large roll bar mount mounted on the top tupe upside down and using some of the connector brackets to mount the camera upside down.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

mtbr member
    I made a gopro mount that uses the water bottle cage bolts to mount to frame. I got the idea from the custom mounts thread. I post a very similar video but my camera is positioned differently looks like his is indeed position up on the top tube.

edit: Actually now that I watch it again he might also be attached to the bottle mounts as well.

mtbr member
    i think so cause you can see the A in giAnt that appears to be right where the bottle cage bolts are. do you have a link to your water bottle cage setup?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I have a Reign X1 and used the vented helmet mount with some extensions to get a similar point of view. The Reign frame has some flat angles on the top and down tube that the vented helmet mount can be mounted to. Works great.

Ska
    Steel is real.
    Not sure if this will help but way back in the day (LOL 2009 actually) when I first started playing with cameras for fun, I mounted mine in what seems to be a very similar angle. Since I didn't have anything that could actually be fastened to a monster-sized downtube, I improvised. I used the helmet mount that came with my GoPro and it worked nicely!

Here's a link to what that angle looks like.

Very similar. Sorry about the quality of the video. GoPro's weren't all that great back when I first got it.
    Here's my crummy, slow-going blog The Slow Spoke if you're interested.

mtbr member
    see few posts down for a few ideas but i would hazard a guess it wasn't a ram

RAM mounts

mtbr member
    Hey Guys!
    If you like kind of camera angle, Keep your eyes open, I'll be back to post a link to the kickstarter when its up and running, but I'm developing a mount to allow you to get this type of footage, no matter if you have a carbon frame that you can't use the roll bar clamp style mount on, odd shaped tubes, etc etc... I have more development and testing to do, but safe to say, the product will be a GoPro mount that should work with almost any bike, uses the water bottle bosses to mount up to, but will allow for great versitility, a clean, minimal look, lightweight, resilient, and promising zero damage whatsoever to your frame.
    Interested? let me know, maybe you can get one for free and help me get some user generated footage to help get the kickstarter page going! I'm not going to post pics, or give away any secrets just yet, but please, if you're interested, PM me.
    for now, check out some video I shot using my very first prototype of this mount.

Laurel Hill, Feb. 27 2011 - YouTube
    Last edited by Iridethedirt; 12-06-2012 at 09:56 AM.