mtbr member

Alternative GoPro mounts

I know there are lots of threads on this, but I'm having no luck searching...

My opinion is that the strength of the Gopro is that is can be mounted from so many different angles that it can be really interesting IF you use lots of perspectives. Helmet or chest can be really cool for good riders on awesome trails...but I'm a mortal on average trails, so I need lots of angles.

My issue is that changing between any mounts that require unscrewing the mounting bolt is bad news. Hard to do quickly, easy to lose the nut, etc.

Ideally, I would like to mount to several locations on the bike (seatpost, rear triangle, front triangle), use some chest mount and use a few tripod shots plus maybe a pole mount to do some follow-cam / overhead of other riders.

Is there a third party system that will let me do all of these with some type of quick release and never have to remove the bolt from the camera? I've seen a few home made solutions, but hoping not to go that route if I don't have to.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    never seen owt like that think the all work on the same principal?

mtbr member
    Check out the pedco ultra clamp. It's small, and the ball head swivels in all directions.

If I understand, your concern about the mounts are the screw/nut type mounts that come with the gopro right? What you can do is get the tripod mount. This allows you to quickly change between a gorilla pod and other mounts, such as the Pedco very quickly. However, swapping between the tripod mount and the standard gopro mount is a pain, but oh well.

Here's a quick vid of my current mount. It's really bulky, and I'll be replacing it with that Pedco mount, but you get the idea.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I mounted a gopro snap bracket onto a gorilla pod. this way i can go from my helmet to the gorilla pod and back without ever re-adjusting the camera. Just snap it on and off. I want to do the same thing with a fork and seatpost mount but haven't figured out how.

mtbr member
    How did you make the snap bracket. Is this something that Gopro makes themselves?

mtbr member
    Here's my newest gopro mount..sort of. It's gonna be a little cumbersome, but the shot is great.