mtbr member
    Mar 2009

all mountain video in the french alps

filming last november between chamonix and geneva:

manufacturers of "vilvy cycles", hardtails all-mountain and xc titanium bikes
    http://www.vilvy-cycles.com/

mtbr member
    Nice video - I enjoyed that.

No, that's not phonetic
    Extremely well done. I still don't want to ride a hard tail, but really well filmed and edited. Beautiful colors and great action. Bravo.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    thanks a lot!

mtbr member
    i broke my dual susp bike and should ride an old hardtail. First month was pretty painful, but now i find this type of bike very fun to ride. Good video, btw ) Thank you, post more!

locked - time out
    Jan 2010
    Awesome video. I was out there some months ago, and was looking for combo trails like that. Where can I access them from?

mtbr member
    Where is the AM Riding, looks like XC to me.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Looked too me like all the riding was on a mountain, except the part that was in the valley between the mountains. One of those dudes jumped a rock, that makes it all mountain.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by glitz
    Awesome video. I was out there some months ago, and was looking for combo trails like that. Where can I access them from?
    it's between chamonix and geneva, on the mountain called "the môle".
    a lot of easy trails like this one start there, but you must ride uphill before downhill. a nice place to start the seasons as these slope are the first to be unsnowed and last to be snowed (others spots of the region are totally unpracticable from ending of october to early of may).

if you come back here during this year just let me a pm

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jollybeggar
    Looked too me like all the riding was on a mountain, except the part that was in the valley between the mountains. One of those dudes jumped a rock, that makes it all mountain.
    On a mountain does not make it all mountain. No offense to the OP, but the trail is not a real AM Trail.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    allmountain doesn't mean only technical trail... here are presented some easy trails that's right, but the riding is certainly not cross-country riding. as the ground is really rocky on this spot, we have choose to filmed easy trails to keep some "flow feeling", but when we ride with the france xc team, they don't call these trail xc trails

mtbr member
    XC Trails in US the where I am have rocks, gravel, roots, mud, drops, everything you showed in the video. Watched it with a XC racing friend, we both agreed that trail to our definition is not AM. Atleast in the US it is not.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

AZ
    banned
    Thanks for posting the video , dont mind dremer , he's just jealous that you actually ride .

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Nice vid. I enjoyed it thanks for sharing.
    "Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    Thanks for posting the video , dont mind dremer , he's just jealous that you actually ride .
    Says the guy that spends more time posting on MTBR than any member ever.

Just calling it how I see it. Its a nice vid of XC riding in my opinion. Maybe AM is different in his country, but those are well groomed XC trails where I live.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremer03
    Not jealous, just calling it how I see it. Its a nice vid of XC riding in my opinion. Maybe AM is different in his country, but those are well groomed XC trails where I live.
    You're a tool! If you don't like it let it go and leave the thread. I'm in "your" country and consider that to be plenty "all mountain".
    "Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremer03
    Says the guy that spends more time posting on MTBR than any member ever.

Just calling it how I see it. Its a nice vid of XC riding in my opinion. Maybe AM is different in his country, but those are well groomed XC trails where I live.

I'll bet that I ride at least 10 times as much as your 8 miles a week , and my riding is not confined exclusively to bike paths .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    I'll bet that I ride at least 10 times as much as your 8 miles a week , and my riding is not confined exclusively to bike paths .
    so? Its the end of winter, trails are not open. So how about your quit your personal thing against me, and we can move past it.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    don't fight each other for a difference of point of view!
    I compete into dh race, xc race, enduro race and marathon downhill, and my last opinion is: if your xc trail looks like this one, you are a very lucky man and yes, i'm jealous!

locked - time out
    Jan 2010
    How are those Suntour forks? I saw some talk about them last year, somewhat mixed, but they're CHEAP. Wonder how well they compare to higher end stuff in the same class.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Wow, awesome video. The trails are beautiful!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Very-very nice high-quality video with great colors and places. Great to see riding the hardtails. Thank you!