mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Aerial Footage - Fontana - Southridge XC and Downhill practice runs

SouthRidge MTB Races Feb 2014 - YouTube

Hey Guys,
    check out my new aerial footage of some recent racing at Southridge Park. The video includes footage from the XC race and some of the Downhill runs.

The White Jeff W
    Very cool!
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hey, guys!
    If you’re interested in drone/aerial videos, check out AirDog! We’ve created an auto-follow drone that allows you to shoot aerial footage without having someone to operate the drone while you ride the trail, do the jumps etc. Forget about remote control or phone app operation. It’s a solution for action sports or anything else you wish to film without actually holding your GoPro. You just strap AirLeash on your hand or bike, and the AirDog follows!

You can see more (and help us out!) un our Kickstarter page (you gotta look it up there) and check how it works:

The prototypes have been tested and are ready for production. Just a short wait until November!

Cheers,
    Dace Team Airdog

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    That's an awesome idea and some pretty incredible tech!

You should get a prototype to Pinkbike/Bike Mag/MTBR for review...

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by DaceTeamAirdog View Post
    Hey, guys!
    If you’re interested in drone/aerial videos, check out AirDog! We’ve created an auto-follow drone that allows you to shoot aerial footage without having someone to operate the drone while you ride the trail, do the jumps etc. Forget about remote control or phone app operation. It’s a solution for action sports or anything else you wish to film without actually holding your GoPro. You just strap AirLeash on your hand or bike, and the AirDog follows!

You can see more (and help us out!) un our Kickstarter page (you gotta look it up there) and check how it works:

The prototypes have been tested and are ready for production. Just a short wait until November!

Cheers,
    Dace Team Airdog
    Might be worth while if it had obstacle avoidance technology. There will be a lot of these hitting trees, buildings, kites, etc. With the FAA trying to tighten up on recreational/commercial use of of our "drones", even when flown Line of Sight, let alone FPV, flight will be so regulated, I'm not sure you'd get approval for autonomous (or follow mode) flights. Good luck on your venture.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by camerajumper View Post
    Might be worth while if it had obstacle avoidance technology. There will be a lot of these hitting trees, buildings, kites, etc. With the FAA trying to tighten up on recreational/commercial use of of our "drones", even when flown Line of Sight, let alone FPV, flight will be so regulated, I'm not sure you'd get approval for autonomous (or follow mode) flights. Good luck on your venture.
    We're actually working on obstacle avoidance technology, so in the future this is probably going to be possible as well. What you can do right now is to pre-program your flight so it follows a safe route.

As for the FAA, we still think that in general the goal behind FAAs efforts is to protect general public, at least as far as we can see. With that in mind we just can't see a surfer being prosecuted for shooting a video of himself no matter what type of drone technology he is using. Responsible usage is something I would take seriously as an individual though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GeePhroh View Post
    That's an awesome idea and some pretty incredible tech!

You should get a prototype to Pinkbike/Bike Mag/MTBR for review...
    Thanks! We have several prototypes ready, but not enough to send them out for reviewing. However, couple of them are in California right now along with our team members. Any suggestions whom we should meet there?

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    If you've got anyone in norcal, I'd start by PM'ing francois here at mtbr...

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    We've got our team in San Francisco, that's not too far. Thanks, I'll PM francois right away!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hey, good news! We reached our stretch goal on KS and announced a new one – if we reach 1 000 000 $, we're adding the obstacle avoidance technology to every AirDog without any additional charge. More info here: http://kck.st/1pZzCBP
    Fingers crossed