Over 50, & not '2' tired

Smile 100 mile uni-century 2/3/13

What an INCREDIBLE ride I had Sunday! I completed a 100 mile unicycle ride in just 9 hours, 56 minutes, a new record for my age! (57) But in my quest to finish in under 10 hours, I took less breaks than usual, and paid for it with terrible leg cramps for the last 50 miles, but it was worth it! (I'll take pickle juice next time! )

I filmed much of my ride via my gopro which was "holstered" under my touring handle so I could shoot footage while riding, and not have to stop and lose time.

www.unigeezer.com
    "Over 50, and not '2' Tired!"

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Freaking sweet! Nice job and enjoyed the video!
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

fly on the wall
    Nov 2010
    You...you're crazy

I know it's not mountain biking, but this should get much more recognition than being stuffed away in this corner of the forum.

Just out of curiosity, did you ever do those Midnight Ridazz rides a few years ago on a unicycle? I've been to a few a long time ago, and I keep thinking I've saw a unicyclist there.

Over 50, & not '2' tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawson Raider View Post
    Freaking sweet! Nice job and enjoyed the video!
    Thannks Lawson!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuarte View Post
    You...you're crazy

I know it's not mountain biking, but this should get much more recognition than being stuffed away in this corner of the forum.

Just out of curiosity, did you ever do those Midnight Ridazz rides a few years ago on a unicycle? I've been to a few a long time ago, and I keep thinking I've saw a unicyclist there.
    Thanks Zuarte! I haven't done any of those rides yet, but I've been meaning too. I just usually hit the hay early and get up early, so night rides are a bit out of my normal routine. Would be fun though!
    www.unigeezer.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    That. Is. Awesome.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    wow terry ! what else can i say...
    when i read the title and seen 100 miles , coast and go pro. i was thinking oh this is going to be boring. but in all honesty i must say it was amazing. you kept it very intresting with the differnt angles and your comentary. and its very very very well edited togeather. considering it was shot on flat pthed roads on the coast, it was way better to watch than most of the trail centre and bike park vids that get posted.
    imo this is one of your best vids yet.
    hats off and thumbs up to you, and congrates on your time, and achievement to.

Over 50, & not '2' tired
    Quote Originally Posted by delirian View Post
    wow terry ! what else can i say...
    when i read the title and seen 100 miles , coast and go pro. i was thinking oh this is going to be boring. but in all honesty i must say it was amazing. you kept it very intresting with the differnt angles and your comentary. and its very very very well edited togeather. considering it was shot on flat pthed roads on the coast, it was way better to watch than most of the trail centre and bike park vids that get posted.
    imo this is one of your best vids yet.
    hats off and thumbs up to you, and congrates on your time, and achievement to.
    Thank you so much, that means a lot! I wasn't sure how it would translate to video since there was no high flying extreme stuff, lol. I'm planning a 114 mile ride in March (double my age) and will have someone riding a bike with helmet cam and also a gopro on the bike for a second angle. I also hope to get lots of comments from other cyclists, rollerbladers and so on.
    www.unigeezer.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by unigeezer View Post
    Thank you so much, that means a lot! I wasn't sure how it would translate to video since there was no high flying extreme stuff, lol. I'm planning a 114 mile ride in March (double my age) and will have someone riding a bike with helmet cam and also a gopro on the bike for a second angle. I also hope to get lots of comments from other cyclists, rollerbladers and so on.
    yeah thats exactly what i was meaning, a flat trail along the coast with scenic coastline, on paper would make for a pretty dull boring video, so you would think, but with the use of careful/clever and creative angles, like the ones you used coupled togeather with the way in which you edited the clips togeather, it made for a very intresting and exciting to watch video.
    lots of people could learn alot from this vid. if all ist person povs were shot like this, then they would all be fun to watch.
    as i have already said. well done terry, this is defo some of your best work to date.
    114 miles next, dude you must be craaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy. hats off to you and good luck. i know you'll make us all proud. cant wait to see your vid.

Over 50, & not '2' tired
    Thanks again, and I'll do my best to make the next one even better!
    www.unigeezer.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    What an incredible ride? Heck what an incredible video! I really enjoyed it. Nice scenery great narration and great editing. I like the closing showing you putting your cycle together. Great Job and thanks for sharing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    amazing реально круто!!!