• 01-05-2013
    dcubed
    XC ski conditions at BBSP?
    I know that many mtn bikers are also XC skiers; hence my post in this forum. I am thinking of heading to BBSP tomorrow to do some (classic) XC skiing. Does anyone know the condition of the trails? Enough snow cover? Tracked at all by skiers? Trodden by snowshoers? Any feedback would be appreciated, especially if it saves me a trip over there only to find bad conditions.
  • 01-06-2013
    bad news
    My wife skied 11 miles there today (I don't know why, haha). She said conditions were good, with all of the xc ski trails cut in, the roads snow covered, and the sled trails usable as well. She said there's been a lot of snowshoe and ski traffic packing things down this week.

With this warm weather, things may degrade this week I'd think.
  • 01-06-2013
    dcubed
    Thanks for the info. I skied there today myself. everything i skied was tracked, though the inevitable post-holing and snowshoeing obscured and/or wrecked much the tracks. I know this is inevitable on narrow trails and high-traffic trails, but it is irritating on wider trails that have enough room for walking and skiing.

The warm temps and sun turned some of the south-facing and open trails to mashed potatoes, but most of the trail conditions were excellent. We'll see what this week's warm temps do to the trails.