mtbr member

White mountain NEMBA!

Thanks to all you do in north conway. Just finished vacation there and ended up with about 50 miles of trail, an over 6500 vert.. I thoroughly enjoyed all the hard work that's gone in up there, talked to some locals on the trails, an at the bike shops, all friendly great scene up there. Enjoyed all the recent work on lower stony ridge an upper stony ridge up to the back of whitehorse was awesome. Took the KOM on lower stoney without even knowing I was having so much fun! Here's an edit to show off some of your work... whitehorse 8-23-13 - YouTube
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Have been trying to plan a trip up to North Conway for some riding as I have mostly been hitting the local trails...Fort Rock, Stratham Hill, and Gilford. Is there is a specific bike shop or place where maps can be had to show where all the trails you mentioned are located? Would love to try some just not sure where to start up there. Would be willing to travel if I knew the local trails better. Thanks!
    08 BMC Trailfox 02
    07 Rocky Mtn Solo 10
    00 GT Pro Performer

Rebuild it with RWC!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    That looks awesome! Im from around Concord but I definitely want to try to get up there now. Any info/tips would be great. Looks like you had some beautiful weather up there
    2009 Gary Fisher HiFi
    riding time is split between central NH and Hudson Valley, NY

mtbr member
    stop in at Red Jersey cycles downtown.. they can give you a map an draw in some stuff that's not on it. The stuff over by echo lake (by whitehorse and catherdral ledge) is all on the map and Nemba has put up some recent signage which is great. Red tail is a must hit, even if you just climb up an descend. There are other ways to get down from around black cap but there aren't very good maps, you will come out along rt 16 pretty much anywhere you go down but there is a possibility if you take the wrong turn to have to road bike quite a few miles back... Here is another edit I put together some of our vacation up there... North Conway 2013 - YouTube
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

beer thief
    Nice family edit. This is a great place to live and play and we have a good crew of hard workers. The trail network improvements and expansion in the last 5 years is off the charts. Lots of good stuff happening and lots more to come.

You had a super nice stretch of weather!

mtbr member
    I have to agree with you radair. I love the the riding up there I make it up about four times a season and I can't get enough. Thank you guys for all the work up there!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    That looks like a great ride. Too bad it's far from manchester.

mtbr member
    hey guys, good thread!!! I'm in NH right now with my bike for the first time in...well.. the first time. :-). I drove up from NJ and from Texas so looking to put the knolly to use up in the white mountains tomorrow... I should have posted on here before but forgot...

Thank you for the kick ass vids and info .. I'll be cruising up there from Concord tomorrow to hopefully find some good trails... prob stop in the LBS first thing.

Cheers!
    k n o ll y r o c k s

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by manchvegas View Post
    Thanks to all you do in north conway. Just finished vacation there and ended up with about 50 miles of trail, an over 6500 vert.. I thoroughly enjoyed all the hard work that's gone in up there, talked to some locals on the trails, an at the bike shops, all friendly great scene up there. Enjoyed all the recent work on lower stony ridge an upper stony ridge up to the back of whitehorse was awesome. Took the KOM on lower stoney without even knowing I was having so much fun! Here's an edit to show off some of your work... whitehorse 8-23-13 - YouTube
    Great riding Manch and vid! thanks
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

mtbr member

White mountain NEMBA!

Quote Originally Posted by NHMB View Post
    That looks like a great ride. Too bad it's far from manchester.
    Nothing in New Hampshire is far from anything else in New Hampshire. Get up here and ride.

"You're like a Ferrari engine driving a dump truck"

mtbr member
    Another shout out to White Mountain NEMBA! I rode Red Tail for the first time last week. Quite possibly the best 2 hour ride I've ever done. It was quite a workout to get to the top but that made the ride back down from Black Cap so much more rewarding. I had the GoPro running and figured I would share it. It's no top-10 speed run but I let the bike loose a few times because the trail was just asking for it.

mtbr member

Good job!

Nice video chuyler! Brought me right back to this past weekend in No Conway. Again, no KOM but my brother and I did Red Tail in 1 1/2 hrs...we were spent as we had just ridden Sticks n Stones and trails around the powerline prior. Definitely one of the best downhill sections of trail you can ride in NH for an XC ride that is!

Day 2 was around a 4 hour day that started near the Echo Lake state park entrance. We parked and rode up around the closet development to the furthest green on the golf course. There is a giant house for sale on the right and a very long green on the left... at the end in between the two is where we entered the woods. From there we hooked up to FR 379A, rode Electric Loop, back onto 379 way down to Ultimate Single Track. Most all of this was just mellow riding and a good warm-up to the day. From there it was about 3 miles of gravel road to the end of the gate and onto the High School Loop. Followed that nice section of trail to the Mineral Site Tr and hooked up to Tent Boulder. All nice and maintained with new work done and solid bridges...all sweet! We didn't have enough in the tank for Upper Stony Ridge so we opted for just Lower Stony Ridge instead. Glad we did because it was the best trail to end our day. All redone with brook crossings, stone work and banked berms the whole way....woo hoo it was killer!
    Next time will hit these two days in reverse and up on Black Cap with the Red Tail Tr.

Highly recommend getting up there and grab your $7 map at Red Jersey Cyclery. Next time up hope to head further back into both the east and west sides of No Conway!
    08 BMC Trailfox 02
    07 Rocky Mtn Solo 10
    00 GT Pro Performer

Rebuild it with RWC!

mtbr member
    Very nice. I'm heading up over Columbus day and plan to ride the Echo Lake side. I'll grab my map and add some notes based on your report. I plan to take my wife along for some riding too. She's not up for the climbing involved with Stoney Ridge but I thought Electric Loop would be fun.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Mtbiker View Post
    Nice video chuyler! Brought me right back to this past weekend in No Conway. Again, no KOM but my brother and I did Red Tail in 1 1/2 hrs...we were spent as we had just ridden Sticks n Stones and trails around the powerline prior. Definitely one of the best downhill sections of trail you can ride in NH for an XC ride that is!

Day 2 was around a 4 hour day that started near the Echo Lake state park entrance. We parked and rode up around the closet development to the furthest green on the golf course. There is a giant house for sale on the right and a very long green on the left... at the end in between the two is where we entered the woods. From there we hooked up to FR 379A, rode Electric Loop, back onto 379 way down to Ultimate Single Track. Most all of this was just mellow riding and a good warm-up to the day. From there it was about 3 miles of gravel road to the end of the gate and onto the High School Loop. Followed that nice section of trail to the Mineral Site Tr and hooked up to Tent Boulder. All nice and maintained with new work done and solid bridges...all sweet! We didn't have enough in the tank for Upper Stony Ridge so we opted for just Lower Stony Ridge instead. Glad we did because it was the best trail to end our day. All redone with brook crossings, stone work and banked berms the whole way....woo hoo it was killer!
    Next time will hit these two days in reverse and up on Black Cap with the Red Tail Tr.

Highly recommend getting up there and grab your $7 map at Red Jersey Cyclery. Next time up hope to head further back into both the east and west sides of No Conway!
    You didn't run into the bear that's been hanging around out there, did you?