mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Where's good riding near Brattleboro??

Moving permanently on april 1st. I know there has to be something up there but I'm coming up short. I'll be living at Brattlboro and working in Keene NH. Coming from philadelphia I like to ride my local tech/xc stuff throughout the week after work, so I'm looking for some convenience in trails to call home......Pisgah??

I ride a SS, and also have a stumpy fsr and normally like to get out for
    1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours.

thanks for any input and maybe even some new riding buddies.

mtbr member
    My in-laws live in Keene but I have never ridden in that area (live about 2 hours north in NH). But I do see lots of people riding around town on really nice bikes so I assume there is some reputable riding in the area. I always kick myself for not bringing my bike when we go visit but it is usually just family time stuff. Anyways -- check out the "trails" tab at the top of this page. There are some for Keene in the NH section.

This looks interesting: THE WEASEL New Hampshire Trail Reviews

So does this: Drummer Hill Trail and Goose New Hampshire Trail Reviews

There are also a couple bike shops in town...Andy's I think is one of them. Stop in and ask the locals. Happy Hunting!
    2011 Trance x1

All good things in all good time

beer thief
    There is a Brattleboro-Keene NEMBA chapter and I've heard there's a bunch of good riding in the area. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Scroll down on this link for a contact: NEMBA Chapters

JDM
    mtbr member
    I haven't ridden the stuff in Keene yet, but have also heard good things.

I know there is plenty of great ridding about an hour north (the Pinnacle, Cornish town forest, STAB, Blue Ribbon, Boston Lot). bit.ly/trailhead

Gigantic Hawk
    I grew up in Keene (I now live in Portland, ME,) and had tons of great riding when I lived there (early to mid 90's.) I know some stuff has been lost, but there is a NEMBA chapter and I've heard that they have done some great things. There is also plenty of great riding not too far outside of that area as well.

vermonter

we will be posting scheduled Bratt/Keene Nemba rides after out chapter meeting this week. drummer and stonewall farm in Keene and memorial park/ ski jump area in Bratt to get you started.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRALPH View Post
    Your worst day fat biking in snow is still better than riding a trainer in the basement

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    thanks guys, finally got settled with my new place and job, so looking to get out on the bike pretty soon

vermonter
    Brattleboro, Mondays 6:00pm top of memorial park; kiwanis shelter. NEMBA ride, no one dropped, technical difficulty medium, 1.5-2 hrs,
    NEMBA ride at drummer hill, Keene, NH Sundays 9:00AM green acres parking lot.
    Your worst day fat biking in snow is still better than riding a trainer in the basement

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by reynoldseight5three View Post
    Brattleboro, Mondays 6:00pm top of memorial park; kiwanis shelter. NEMBA ride, no one dropped, technical difficulty medium, 1.5-2 hrs,
    NEMBA ride at drummer hill, Keene, NH Sundays 9:00AM green acres parking lot.
    nice. def. be able to make the monday weather permitting. possibly the sunday

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I grew up in Keene and when I go back to visit the folks I always try to get out on my old mtn bike (fully rigid) for at least one ride. The trails on Drummer hill are awesome. I've been around bratt a handful of times but I've never really found anything great on the vt. side. Across the border in Pisgah is probably the best biking in New England but don't tell anybody.

vermonter
    Quote Originally Posted by trucha View Post
    I grew up in Keene and when I go back to visit the folks I always try to get out on my old mtn bike (fully rigid) for at least one ride. The trails on Drummer hill are awesome. I've been around bratt a handful of times but I've never really found anything great on the vt. side. Across the border in Pisgah is probably the best biking in New England but don't tell anybody.

Pisgah is mostly off limits to bikes and the trails are very rough. The trails obove the park heading to petes trails have been under Nemba care for a few years now and are in suberb shape, many bridges and new flowey trails. Nice riding out behind hillwinds and up at pleasant valley, ask a local to show you around. We are working toward signs and maps.

Josh Reynolds
    Brattleboro area NEMBA vice president

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Pisgah is mostly off limits to bikes and the trails are very rough. The trails obove the park heading to petes trails have been under Nemba care for a few years now and are in suberb shape, many bridges and new flowey trails. Nice riding out behind hillwinds and up at pleasant valley, ask a local to show you around. We are working toward signs and maps.

Josh Reynolds
    Brattleboro area NEMBA vice president
    Thanks josh,

I got in on the Brattleboro ride last night, met a couple guys and was definately excited about the trails. pretty well kept and flowy like you said.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    The "trails are pretty rough" is usually a good thing. I've ridden it mostly on full rigid so it can't be that bad.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Hey Josh are those rides open to non NEMBA members?

Dan

vermonter
    Quote Originally Posted by Madjack9 View Post
    Hey Josh are those rides open to non NEMBA members?

Dan
    Ya of course

vermonter
    Quote Originally Posted by trucha View Post
    The "trails are pretty rough" is usually a good thing. I've ridden it mostly on full rigid so it can't be that bad.
    By rough i mean not raked, no bridges or armoring, they are old hiking trails not kept up. They are fun to ride though and we are trying to get in there to do trail maintenance. Lots of better places to ride, ascutney, boston lot, charlemont, wendell in addition to what ive already mentioned i would be happy to show you around anytime.

vermonter

Mondays Brattleboro ride is in Vernon;

Vernon Social Ride (Todd's trails)
    Today at 6:00pm
    1362 Pond Road, Vernon VT

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Mondays Brattleboro ride is in Vernon;

Vernon Social Ride (Todd's trails)
    Today at 6:00pm
    1362 Pond Road, Vernon VT
    was gonna try for this tonight, looks like the weather has a different idea........

vermonter
    drummer hill this after noon

Track (5/28/13, 15:40:40)

EveryTrail - Find the best Hiking in Massachusetts

vermonter
    Brattleboro, Mondays 6:00pm top of memorial park; kiwanis shelter. NEMBA ride, no one dropped, technical difficulty medium, 1.5-2 hrs.
    7/1/13

vermonter

vermonter

7/08/13
    Monday night ride from Kiwanis shelter 6:00 pm on the bike. 1.5-2hrs intermediate (not race pace, no one dropped, but technical and challenging terrain)

vermonter

9/26/13

vermonter
    Monday night 9/30, upper field 6 pm, see post in b-k Nemba FB page

Brattleboro-Keene NEMBA veep

vermonter

Monday night ride in Brattleboro. on the bike @ 6PM, meet at upper ball field memorial park. lights mandatory. 1.5-2hrs moderate ride

Brattleboro-Keene NEMBA veep