Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What's rideable in VT now?

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  YukonLT 
#1 ·
Hey I'm visiting in northern VT for a little while and I'm wondering what's rideable up here? I've ridden the Kingdom trails and Waterbury in the past. I was reading about Pittsfield and that looks pretty cool. Any other suggestions? I'm staying near Berlin but don't mind driving.

#2 ·
Millstone in East Barre, Town Loops behind Iride in Stowe, Georgetti (Pine Hill Park) in Rutland, Sunny Hollow/Camp Johnson in Colchester, STAB trails in West Windsor/Ascutney, in rough order of proximity to Berlin.

It is bone dry out there with the exception of the traditionally wettest spots, but looks like that will change tomorrow into Saturday.

#4 · (Edited)
Millstone is open on the weekends now and it drains very very quickly. That may not matter with the amount of rain coming. I'd get out early today (Saturday 4/21) and enjoy it.

Stowe Town Loops are a blast - I just discovered them this year. Follow the red and blue signs. But Millstone is, I believe, bigger and better and more unique.

Friends of mine love Pine Hill in Rutland. Never been there, but it also seems like it's super groomed and buffed out i.e. not as challenging as the more raw trails you'll find at other spots.

So yeah, save the drive time, take $10 cash for the daily trail fee (they don't take credit cards) and hit Millstone. It's really good.

#9 ·
I rode Pittsfield two years ago and really enjoyed it. Great climbs and beautiful scenery. Gave me the opportunity to spend time in an area I usually just pass through. Having read BushwackerinPA's comments before I would have thought he was an advocate of all Mt Biking regardless of trail design. Flowy is fun don't get me wrong but other types of trail design are as well. In my opinion BushwackerinPA's comments about Pittsfield don't take into consider the multi-use of the trail system (check-out Peak Races) and the time and effort put in by the designers, builders and maintainers. I recommend everyone try Pittsfield. If you don't like it don't go back, but don't run it down.

#10 ·
We've been getting a lot of rain lately. I rode pine hill today and it wasn't bad; a few puddles and slick spots. Things dry out quickly down here, so if you're in the area and everything else seems too wet check out pine hill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.