surly inbred

Warren/Waitsfield/Sugarbush?

Putting out a last minute request... I'll be in the area this weekend & would appreciate any leads for riding. Looking for advanced level rides & something beginner'esque for the wife would be great.

Thanks!

stoneblender
    Sep 2003
    Sorry bud, just seeing this. Hope you found some good stuff through the website and new printed map, and from the LBS.

Quick update ... one of the faster trails in the Valley, aka Old Center Fayston/Gumball/TLB/ Bunny Buster just got a new reroute along the ravine near the bottom, adding distance, flow and sustainability. Heck, you might even be able to climb the whole thing now. I know, that's just crazy-talk.

Btw, please respect the posted signs on the upper portion. You can out and back on the trail to the property line, but please exit the trails from the middle intersection near a log rollover to Center Fayston Rd. We are working on an upper reroute too.

Shady Lane to Sugar Run to Catamount is also on the smoother side relatively and you can shuttle it to maximize your wife's fun.

The really smooth stuff at Blueberry Lake is in process and Hardy asked that people not ride there right now, as the fresh stuff needs more rain and a little settling time. Usually you can ride fresh built trail in the Valley, due to the clay/schist quotient and abundant moisture. However, it's been so dry, it's powdery and hard to keep shaped. I'll be sure to let everyone know when things are ready to ride.

John

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Infinite Sports has a great map Mad River Valley and Long Trail Hikes Third Edition [Topographic Map and Guide] - $4.95 : Map Adventures, Outdoor Maps and Guides

Found this info today. I am vacation for the week up here.

Rode Camel Hump State Forest today.
    2011 stumpjumper fsr comp 29er

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

stoneblender
    Sep 2003

Cyclone last night.

surly inbred
    Awesome riding in your neck o'the woods. The new maps are sweet & scarce. Stowe Town loops, Perry Hill & some lift @ SB were lovely.