Thread: VT this weekend

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

VT this weekend

Just starting to pack up the bikes and gear for a week vacation in VT... should be arriving tmrw later in the afternoon given all the chores get done tonight!

Looking for a trail condition report in the Killington, Barre (millstone- I am thinking of doing the race on the Sunday) & Burlington area (actually staying in Essex)

What tires I should put on my Tallboy before I head out- I don't want to have to mess around with the tubeless set up while I'm out there if I don't have too. (have crossmark/ikon on her now... should I be putting something a little more aggressive on?)

We (girl friend and I) will also have our road bikes (she is bringing her cross bike actually) with us and are thinking of riding around to a few craft breweries in the area- any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I did a quick after work spin through sunny hollow this evening and it was great. A few soft potholes but they will dry right out so you will have a great weekend. We are headed out on the boat but enjoy your time in VT for what sounds like a fantastic weekend!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    It's dry out run whatever you want. I was rolling on Crossmark/Mountain King tonight.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Perfect dirts. Not muddy, not dusty and loose. Should be pretty forgiving for fast rolling treads.

SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006
    if your staying in essex no real reason to go south.....

you have tons of good riding in burlington area alone. If you go the Millstone Grind i might see ya. Racing Marathon SS.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    For beer...Waterbury to Greensboro brings you Alchemist, Rock Art, Lost Nation, and Hill Farmstead. Pretty good selction....could also hit up trapps.

mtbr member

VT this weekend

There was some light rain that passed through on Wed eve, not enough to create mud but should remain fairly tacky. I'll be riding Stowe/Kimmers tomorrow. You might want to check out Saxon Hill in Essex, or Mobbs Farm in Jericho, both good places

mtbr member
    Rode Sunny yesterday, as said, it's looking great. Mud Pond, Saxon, and Hinesburg should all be riding well.

For a nice little brew tour right in Burlington: Start at VPB on College St downtown, go over to American Flatbread/Zero Gravity Brewing, next door. Then, ride down to Switchback off of Flynn Ave for an afternoon tour/tasting, then boogie down Route 7 to Magic Hat, then go down Route 7 further to Shelburne and visit Fiddlehead.