Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

VT MTB Fest July 11-13th

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  iceboxsteve 
#1 ·
Wood Font Art Flooring Rectangle

Mark your calendars and get your ya ya's out!
You probably heard about last year - this one will be even better!

See less See more
#11 ·
Hey, Does anyone know if there is a one day option for the festival?
Yes, there is, but I think it starts Sunday morning, since a bunch of stuff is going on Saturday night, band, BBQ, Bike Olympics, bonfire, etc. All the onsite camping will be taken by then, so I'd reserve an offsite campsite (Ascutney State Park, Wilgus State Park, Google for private campground.)

#13 ·
Friday & Schedules

Jim, Coming over Festival Friday for 2 nights at the resort....previously you had mentioned guided rides on Friday...is there a schedule yet for events? I rode their last Friday, got confused with no trail signs at the top of Coranary /Bypass, but figured it out and had a blast on Greens and Blues,,,Looking forward to 3 days of fun!!

#15 ·
Don't have to look too far given the ATV vote... 2 fat bikes with a motor. Unfortunately there is always some one who does not like What You Are Doing! National Forest, State Parks, Town Forests, Resort land.....someone does not like it.. unless they are making money doing it...Does not affect the great Vt. Fest coming up...great Venue and fun, varied riding....built for Bikers...Bikers every way-uh... B...

#18 ·
Finally signed up. Nabbed a camping spot at the venue. I assume its "pull yer car up and toss the tent out" sort of camping? Considering we are all under 30 and likely will stumble to sleep I don't care what I have for accommodations.

Next question, if my buddies show up before me (highly likely, cubicle life is not conducive to fun) can they get on the spot? Since I signed up and paid for it.

Thanks.

#20 ·
I got to agree. Got there friday around 11 and went straight out for a ride. 3 days of great riding coupled with a fantastic festival feeling. And you couldnt beat ice cream after dinner. Bike olympics were fun as usual and some sweet raffle prizes. Really stinks having to drive back to PA togo to work. Another great festival. Have to thank jim, eric, collin and all the others who volunteer their time and effort to make this a success. Cant wait for next year.

#21 · (Edited)
My festival recap

I was a bit apprehensive because I asked a couple of friends to go but no dice so I went solo. Well it turned out great because it is all about the ride and the ride was superb. Many thanks to the Vermont Mountain Bike Association crew for the well designed trail system, and for all the sweat it took to build it. Thanks to all the volunteer ride leaders too, good times. The organizers and sponsors worked like crazy all weekend, it was non stop.
I made some friends, hi to Ronen, Claire, Kurt, Celine, Jim and Joe G.'s Pennsylvania crew.
Two pictures attached. First is some of the Demo Bikes, there was a whole nother' row of other mfg,s including Kona and Ibis and sorry to the others I cannot remember. Second is the ride board with a ham! Community Public space Mountain range Land lot Pole
Nature Fun Human body Recreation Photograph

#22 ·
Wow. One bee sting, countless beers, some New England gnar, some New England flow, and a hell of a lot of fun. Big thanks out to VMBA and STAB for running a super sweet weekend.

And to everyone who put up with that overweight hairy flat lander from cape cod on his SS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.