mtbr member
    Jan 2012

New question here. Travel to VT/NH/Maine

Thinking about packing up my SC Tall Boy and heading to the New England area for a week of riding and sight seeing.

I'm a mid pack rider that enjoys the excitement of racing and trying new trails out.

Will most likely be in VT on 16 or 17 of Aug and need to be back home on the 23rd.

All of you locals what/where should I go race/ride? I see that there is a race in VT on the 18th (Root 66- Millstone) is this a big/good/fun race to go too? What about checking out a weekly series on lets say Wednesday night in NH?

mtbr member

Travel to VT/NH/Maine

Millstone is a blast, the race should be challenging. Not sure of any race series in nh on Wednesday. Great glen has one on Tuesday nights, pretty mellow and family oriented, not a whole ton of single track, lots of carriage road and only 5 miles. Thursday nights is the Red Jersey EFTA races series...maybe only every other Thursday actually. 24 hours of great glen is right around then, which is a fun event. Hampshire 100 is the 18th, I'll be there. 100k and 100 mile versions. Kingdom trails is always fun, and there will be a Friday night race series down Jester, should prove to be very entertaining.