mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Trail recommendations please

I live in the concord area and was looking for some input On where some good places to ride. I've been all over bear Brooke and hitting the same loops gets old after a while. I've been to fomba and fort rock out in Exeter and both have some nice runs but riding a hard tail makes them real rough when your out there all day. I try to ride for atleast 3 hours if I travel so the longer the loop he better!! I've looked on single tracks and MTBRs trail list but with little details its hard to want to drive 30min plus to hopefully have some good runs.

mtbr member
    Check out NEMBA.org There is some good info there for riding all across New England. From Concord, I would definitely check out Franklin Falls and I'd also head down Musquash in Londonderry. Keep an eye on Bear Brook over the next year, because they are going to be doing some significant work there to expand the trail system for riding.
    That creep can roll, man.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I forgot to add I have been to Franklin falls, chicken ravine is an awesome half pipe like trail. Bear Brooke has started already they just added big bear and little bear trail which are both nice runs to add to my daily loop. I've heard musquash is kind of slow pace nothing to challenging there to take the day up, but that's just a few friends opinions. Has anyone been to RED TAIL TRAIL looks like some nice DH and there's a big climb in the beginning that makes you earn the DH.

mtbr member
    If you wait till hunting season is over there is a bunch of stuff that you can hit in West Concord that takes you into Bow. Bow has lots of hunters right now though, so better to be on the safe side. No need to travel to get in 3 hours of riding when you can hit it right from your door.

Tool
    I second the west Concord stuff, and you can include the hospital trails and quarries with that...tons of snomo trails to connect everything, but no shortage of singletrack, and most of it is hardtail friendly (the quarries get a little chunky in places). Bear Brook to Fomba and back is all snomo trails and not a loop, but a nice 3-hour ride if you choose to hit one singletrack at each park. You feel like you've covered some ground after this ride.

-Pete
    I can barely get my mouth around it.