Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

trail condition this weekend.....

What does everyone think? probably a crap load of trees, but wondering more about snow... I know the seacoast didn't get much, so.. the best bet is probably fort rock... figured I'd start this thread for people to post up trail conditions.....
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

Go Bruins!
    North facing hills in Exeter still have snow. The south facing hills have
    melted. We need mid 50's at least and a lot of sun to melt this crap
    and salvage the rest of the late fall/early winter riding around here.
    Get out and ride even when you don't want to because ten minutes into the ride you'll be glad you did.

mtbr member
    Did Franklin area get hit bad as well? FOMBA is my go-to trail because it's so close to me but I imagine it being a slushy mess right now. FFD seems to drain and dry well.

2009 Giant Trance X3
    2010 Giant Trance X2

JDM
    mtbr member
    Franklin should be good by the weekend. We have traces of snow on the ground, but it's melting quickly and we didn't really have any trouble with downed trees in the area.

I hope the snow melts because we have a trail day planned at Page Hill (just up the road from Franklin Falls) this Sunday.

mtbr member
    more trees down at fort rock than after the hurricane. It is for the most part good to go...more humbling than usual. It is wet as water has pooled on all the green leaves, but not really muddy. There are definitely some snowy areas. The wood, those live tree cut bridges especially, are ferociously slippery. "Shoveled" off a few and body (or face packed) a few that I tried to ride. I was out tuesday afternoon.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Here in manch, the snow is melting quickly, I would think by the weekend fomba would be rideable. Bear brook probably not, that place holds snow forever for some reason. JDM, what do you think about the pinnacle trails? Anything to be seen in there and how much snow did they get this last storm? may end up at FFD if nothing else is dry....
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    anyone from white mountain nemba that can give conditions on black cap and red tail? Been wanting to try them for the longest time, but haven't been able to make it up this year...
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

JDM
    mtbr member
    There seems to be a little more snow in the Sunapee/Newport area. I wouldn't count on the Pinnacle, but I'll take a closer look on my drive home tonight.

If you can't find a place to ride then you're welcome to join us building trail!

the train keeps rollin
    4-5" of snow in the woods Concord Area. I would go south.
    beaver hunt

sinner
    Jan 2007
    Or north. No snow in Mid Maine. Should be a Banger of a weekend.

JDM
    mtbr member

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    There seems to be a little more snow in the Sunapee/Newport area. I wouldn't count on the Pinnacle, but I'll take a closer look on my drive home tonight.

If you can't find a place to ride then you're welcome to join us building trail!
    I would but I ride saturdays. Sundays are spend the time with the fam day. I need to join a local chapter. You guys seem to be pretty active which is good, I'm always checking your blog. All we need now is an area to give us the go ahead to build some real all mountain trails. Such as with berms, jumps, drops etc... then I'd be ALL in. Otherwise, I'll focus building efforts on my local trails....
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    looks like northern ma might be the way to go this weekend, maybe vietnam etc.. Hit lowell dracut last weekend right before the snow flew, was a good time....
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Portland area only got around 4" of snow last weekend. No snow in the woods up here.

JDM
    mtbr member
    A couple of buddies rode the Pinnacle last night and say that it is in good shape.

beer thief
    Quote Originally Posted by manchvegas View Post
    anyone from white mountain nemba that can give conditions on black cap and red tail? Been wanting to try them for the longest time, but haven't been able to make it up this year...
    We didn't get much snow and most trails are good. Red Tail tends to hold it a little longer but is probably fine; may have a few mud spots.

mtbr member
    how are the trails at the pinnacle? I've never ridden there. Is it worth the drive from manchester? And it is mostly cross country or what? I guess, what would it compare to?
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

JDM
    mtbr member
    The pinnacle is super fun. It has a nice mix of tough climbs, rippin' descents and a good balance of technical but flowy. Grenvilles Eastside is my favorite trial. The upper part is like a rocky roller-coaster/pump-track and the lower half has some great berms.

This link shows a pretty good route: http://www.team-pinnacle.org/media/m...s_20111011.pdf

We usually ride from the HS track on rte 10, up lower loop and trapper. Also, Big Rock is fun to ride down if you notice it. Also, the blue loop is worth it if you have the time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I'm going to be driving through the Jackson / N. Conway area on Sunday and haven't ridden in the area before. Any recommendations on where to ride for 1-2 hr?

mtbr member
    sounds good. I was thinkin about tryin to do that whole route, the yellow and the blue... How many miles do you think that is? I'm all about the elevation, i'm ok with climbing as long as there is a reward of some downhill....
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

JDM
    mtbr member
    roughly 10miles/2hrs. You can probably get 3hrs if you loop around on the lower stuff that isn't on the highlighted route. It all pretty fun.

Also, the blue loop is fun to ride both ways. I almost like it better the opposite way from what is shown, with the exception of salem's lot which has nice berms in the direction shown.

mtbr member
    I rode Pinnacle this afternoon and it's fine. Traces of snow here and there but should be great by the weekend.

mtbr member
    Is Pinnacle an intermediate trail system? And is it XC like Bear Brook or more of FR/DH like Drummer Hill?
    I was thinking of going south this weekend but if Pinnacle fits the bill I might go there instead.
    Wasn't even aware of its existence until I read this thread

2009 Giant Trance X3
    2010 Giant Trance X2

I'd Huck That....
    Just rode the 4miler trail today. did some clearing but it wasn't too bad for the most part. Over 6+ inches of snow still on the trail made for a fun ride .

JDM
    mtbr member
    It's definitely not FR/DH, but it can be technical at times. You'll want to bring some lungs & legs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast