Thread: Tour De MoVegas

SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006

Tour De MoVegas

some underappreciated trail in the morrisville, Vt area.

click the picture below for more.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    underappreciated?
    couldn't be more wrong.

Keep movin' folks, KT is only an hour away!! Nothing to see here...

SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006
    the thing is, alot of these trails are getting overgrown to the point of not being rideable. Tom G's is the only trail mentioned was getting overgrown which recently has seen a couple days worth of work to reopen(your truly contributed) but tons of stuff in the stowe/waterbury/morrisville area literally gets over grown due to lack of traffic. More traffic would not be a thing......

KT is bringing millions of dollars to the local economy, alot of the complaints from alot of Stowe area riders about Kingdom pretty much have to do with kingdom being a victim of their own success. Millions of dollar could go along way to ensuring the best place to ride in state if not in the county.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post
    the thing is, alot of these trails are getting overgrown to the point of not being rideable. Tom G's is the only trail mentioned was getting overgrown which recently has seen a couple days worth of work to reopen(your truly contributed) but tons of stuff in the stowe/waterbury/morrisville area literally gets over grown due to lack of traffic. More traffic would not be a thing......

KT is bringing millions of dollars to the local economy, alot of the complaints from alot of Stowe area riders about Kingdom pretty much have to do with kingdom being a victim of their own success. Millions of dollar could go along way to ensuring the best place to ride in state if not in the county.
    True. Its all about finding the balance between enough riders to keep trails in shape and not so many that it detracts from the experience. Although, as someone who rides from his house to those trails you mention, I'd be pretty bummed if they became a real "destination" for bikers. I guess its the same with Mansfield and the "side country" skiing movement. Sure, its nice to have people do a little trimming here and there and see the unmarked trails get some love, but you have to go further and further away now to get that solitary experience. But there's no first trax in biking I guess...I have, however, had a lot of first cobwebs in the mo-vegas area.