mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Summer trip to CO made me lots of new friends on MTBR

thought I'd introduce myself to the group by sharing a fairly entertaining threat in the CO - Front Range forum I started a few days back while trying to shamelessly self promote my BC ski/bike blog and learn my way around MTBR.

Monarch Crest trail report?

the thread is a fairly good recap on why I can't stand people from Colorado, with a nice TR mixed in too. enjoy.
    Last edited by Gered Dunne; 02-07-2013 at 06:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gered Dunne View Post
    thought I'd introduce myself to the group by sharing a fairly entertaining threat in the CO - Front Range forum I started a few days back while trying to shamelessly self promote my BC ski/bike blog and learn my way around MTBR.

Monarch Crest trail report?

the thread is a fairly good recap on why I can't stand people from Colorado, with a nice TR mixed in too. enjoy.
    Let's recap that other thread, shall we? You started it by asking:
    Can anyone give me an inside scoop on riding the Monarch Crest Trail? Hoping to get it in this summer.
    Then, a few posts later:
    found a good review with some nice pics.
    ...and provided a link...to your own trail report, on your own blog.

Then people give you grief for asking a completely bogus question in the first place, shilling yourself as an "adventure journalist", and giving a vague trail report.

And this is why you "can't stand people from Colorado"?

Wow. Just, wow.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JChasse View Post
    Let's recap that other thread, shall we? You started it by asking:

Then, a few posts later:
    ...and provided a link...to your own trail report, on your own blog.

Then people give you grief for asking a completely bogus question in the first place, shilling yourself as an "adventure journalist", and giving a vague trail report.

And this is why you "can't stand people from Colorado"?

Wow. Just, wow.
    guess you're not much friendly over here. i've already pointed out my shameless self promotion but thank you for the lesson in forum rules and etiquette. you'll have to forgive me for being confused about the facebook connect function. i had meant to hide behind a web avatar to deceive you.

and here i thought we could have a productive discussion about how the regionalization of the american mountain biking community was driving us all appart and causing strangers to take up foul language against strangers just to make themselves feel good. can't we all just get along?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    And you're posting to a New England forum because? More self promotion! Very poor way to get involved in a forum. Be gone.,

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by VTFargo View Post
    And you're posting to a New England forum because? More self promotion! Very poor way to get involved in a forum. Be gone.,
    technically its cross forum self promotion. i thought it was an entertaining thread, shameless or not. think existentially about it. the topic at hand is not "read my blog" but rather "regional differences and the ties that divide us." i know it's a bit of a double entendre but work with me here.

go.

mtbr member
    I read the other thread. All I can say is WOW!!!

Hope everyone doesn't think all of us New Englander's are a holes....

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    The only ties that divide us are the stupid quotes you put in your dumba$$ blog... and you are a prime example of a hypocrite in the beginning of your blog. I actually enjoy some of your backcountry ski reports etc.. but have to say your a real troll for all of this cross forum bullcrap just to get more blog views. Anyone with half a brain can see that's your only motivation. I've been mountain biking for 15+ years in this area, an I'm tired of the same old bullcrap trails... the NEK is nice, but it's got nothing on what other places have. It doesn't matter what forum you go on, whether it's here or CO or whatever, no one likes a self-promoting, culture bashing troll... no wonder your always by yourself!
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp