IMBA Canada
    Aug 2004

Suggestions: Riding around Highland MTB park

Hey everyone!

We're looking to ride some trails this weekend that we've never been to. We'll start off by going to Highland MTB park on friday and ride there all day on rentals. We've been there before of course, it's a nice starter to kick things off.

Then, we'd like to get some riding (and camping) somewhere in NH (preferably) and ride the following 2 days... I've been meaning to check out North Conway and the Red Tail Trail and Stick and Stones... but what about the other day... Anything else worth checking out in the whites?

If not, we might end up in Rutland and ride Pine Hill Park and then maybe something in the GMNF or some of the STAB trails...

Any info on places to ride and camp would be great!
    Thanks!
    ADSVMQ :: Quebec mountain bike trail advocacy group www.ADSVMQ.org

IMBA Canada
    Aug 2004
    Nothing in New Hampshire? No one?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    If I knew, I'd tell you. I'd love to know what is in Fraconia. If you are bringing your DH bikes, maybe hit Burke on the way home. Have you ridden KnightSlayer yet, or shuttled the top of the mountain?

IMBA Canada
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by epic View Post
    If I knew, I'd tell you. I'd love to know what is in Fraconia. If you are bringing your DH bikes, maybe hit Burke on the way home. Have you ridden KnightSlayer yet, or shuttled the top of the mountain?
    I know that Red Tail Trail and Sticks and Stones can be ridden in one day... so we might end up riding Highland on friday... then driving up to North Conway... find a camping spot for friday and sat. night... and then find something to ride on the way back sunday morning?

Looking for options... and burke isn't one of them.

JDM
    mtbr member
    Franklin Falls is very close to Highland. The trails are non-technical, but flowy and fun.

Also check out the pinnacle in Newport, NH (team-pinnacle.org) on your way to the STAB trails. There is a group ride on Wednesday evenings. If you ride there make sure to hit Grenville's Eastside all the way from the O'Neil trail to south boundary. It is one of my favorite trails anywhere.

Boston Lot in Lebannon is also tons of fun, but you probably want a tour guide there.

Look at ****************trailheads for directions to these places and lots more. Post if you have questions about any of places on the map.

Check out the link in my signature for the local NEMBA chapter. We do a group ride on Thursday evenings.