Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Strava vs. Manners

Recently I was told of a incident about a single 20 something MTBer in the area out on his cyber-race on his local loop coming upon 2 hot MTBer women, one of which had just had a nasty spill. While she was picking up her bike, trying to evaluate her well being, this self-proclaimed elitest MTBer comes hammering up on the scene of the incident. The dude refused to stop....mumbled something about strava, and hammered by. WTF?
    Is strava really that important?
    Females are too few and far between on our MTB trails.....let alone hot ones....that might need assistance...."?"
    Dudes....I would hope that Strava has not replaced good company with members of the opposite sex on these chilly fall evenings. And while you may spend considerable time spanking it over your latest, fastest lap time on your backyard trail...a little one on one human interaction surely out-rates your bike centric self pleasuring....right? Am I alone on this or is Strava REALLY that good?
    DVT
    Last edited by DaveVt; 10-16-2012 at 03:08 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hot MTB chicks over strava anyday.
    2014 S-Works Epic WC
    2014 Yeti ARC
    2014 S-Works Crux Disc

the train keeps rollin
    +2 on Hot MTBR chicks, ahemmm... I mean females. sorry Jesus.

* pictures or it didn't happen.
    Last edited by snowdrifter; 10-15-2012 at 07:51 AM.
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    That's not how I heard it happened at all. Maybe you should just mind your own instead of continuing to fixate on "stretchypants".
    Last edited by epic; 10-16-2012 at 04:32 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    It happened. I heard the story from the hottie's mouth.
    Curious if this strava thing was an epidemic....or just an isolated case. Given the quantity of priceless content coming over the facebook, I think I let alot slide without comment. AND, he wears baggies now for photo shoots, doesn't he. Maybe with a little more public exposure we can get him to curb his Strava habit...just a touch.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Again, that's not how I heard it. Not from "the hottie" (I don't know why you are objectifying her like that), her boyfriend or from "stretchypants". I was talking to a friend of yours the other day who was asking me if I knew stretchypants. He asked because he was trying to understand your obsession with him. He said on the last ride with you, you couldn't do anything but talk about stretchypants and the internet. What's the deal? He's a good dude, and so are you, there doesn't need to be any hate.

MC MasterShake
    I'm with Dave. Any chick (hottie or not) deserves some courtesy out on the trails. I'm no fan of DBAG XC guys hammering by like they are a Lance Armstrong. I don't care how strong of a rider you think you are. We're supposed to be a community here!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by epic View Post
    Again, that's not how I heard it. Not from "the hottie" (I don't know why you are objectifying her like that), her boyfriend or from "stretchypants". I was talking to a friend of yours the other day who was asking me if I knew stretchypants. He asked because he was trying to understand your obsession with him. He said on the last ride with you, you couldn't do anything but talk about stretchypants and the internet. What's the deal? He's a good dude, and so are you, there doesn't need to be any hate.
    There's no hate. Just amusement. Last ride....christ.....I haven't ridden with anyone in Months. This really isn't the point of the post....although you are tryint to make it personal between us, the question is....is STRAVA that important.

beer thief
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    ...the question is....is STRAVA that important.
    No, I don't think so. I understand the fun of "racing" against yourself and/or your buddies and being the temporary KOM, but not to the point of being anti-social, shortcutting corners, or flying by nice looking women.

I'd like to put Strava-free zone status on a couple of local trails to keep some a-hole from slamming into uphill traffic.

sinner
    Jan 2007
    Why are girls who ride bikes referred to as Chicks or Hotties? Can't they just be females?

the train keeps rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by radair View Post
    I'd like to put Strava-free zone status on a couple of local trails to keep some a-hole from slamming into uphill traffic.
    You can flag segments in strava as dangerous, the segment will no longer keep results. Another user might create the segment again, but you can keep flagging.

* one problem, oce you join strava, you might get the bug yourself
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Just learned about STRAVA, glad that I'm not an XC guy so I don't have to spend time worrying about this.

And as for trail courtesy, who cares what sex you are. Dbags that stand and stop in the middle of trails are Dbags, Dbags who run you off the trail are Dbags. You can be a Dbag to guys, and you can be a Dbag to girls, and anyone can be a Dbag, but nobody should.
    Just another redneck with a bike

mtbr member
    Yeah those XC guys with no courtesy I sometimes dont move over. If they want to beef, Im for it no problem either on the trail or in the parking lot. Most are cool though at least when I ride so I show them courtesy and move over for them.

mtbr member
    No one should be a DBAG to any rider. Girl or guy.
    Last edited by likeaboss; 10-15-2012 at 08:59 AM.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by itchyjesus View Post
    Why are girls who ride bikes referred to as Chicks or Hotties? Can't they just be females?
    Because objectification is sometimes the quickest means of communicating a point. If they were ugly, we wouldn't mention them.

I ride in Montana de Oro a good deal and there are plenty of chumps using strava. None of them are the fastest. It's the guys who don't try to prove anything because they already know what's up that are the quick ones.

Clyde on a mission!
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by itchyjesus View Post
    I think mudbunnies are the correct term..

As for the strava part, how long before someone teaches his bulldog that someone yelling strava is an invitation to attack? Think of it as a community service, anyone in such a hurry that he has to yell strava and disregard the well being of others can probably use the adrenaline rush from being chased by an angry dog to set a new KOM.

the train keeps rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by cman8 View Post
    If they want to beef, Im for it no problem either on the trail or in the parking lot..
    tough guy alert
    Last edited by snowdrifter; 10-15-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    The objectification is just proof that the junkonomic cut out saddles work, and that now libidos are at full charge on the trails

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by snowdrifter View Post
    tough guy alert
    Just not afraid to scrap if need be. Especially with a DBAG who thinks the trails are only theirs. But like I said most people where I ride at least are courteous. Probably like 99.9%

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cman8 View Post
    Just not afraid to scrap if need be. Especially with a DBAG who thinks the trails are only theirs. But like I said most people where I ride at least are courteous. Probably like 99.9%
    Anyone who will willingly fight instead of seek conflict resolution is a DBAG, 100% of the time.

the train keeps rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by ehigh View Post
    Anyone who will willingly fight instead of seek conflict resolution is a DBAG, 100% of the time.
    right.
    Last edited by snowdrifter; 10-15-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    wow, got to be the dumbest thread ever...
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    What's Strava?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockpharmer View Post
    What's Strava?
    It's an online penis size meter so you can compare yourself with your friends and see whose the biggest

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by schlockinz View Post
    it's an online penis size meter so you can compare yourself with your friends and see whose the biggest
    lol

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast