Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Stratham alps summer race series

5 thursday evenings in august. anyone doing this/interested? good cheap fun. i may try to make it happen. should probably buy a mtb first tho

hi

rog

Go Bruins!
    What happened to the Indy?
    Get out and ride even when you don't want to because ten minutes into the ride you'll be glad you did.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    craigslisted it my brother. twas time. 9 yr ole 29er with old geometry. the new bikes are too good not to move over to. no way in hell i'm spending that much money on a bike again tho. new bike retails for 1/5th and rides better. vroom, vroom!!!

honestly i was waiting for when the new 2014 bikes come out in september, but then i saw this lil local series pop up and figured i might as well get me something to get dirty on in the mean time. you good?

rog

mtbr member
    I will do a couple. It will be a fast short race and there will be some beers after. There also a band playing at every race for the family's

mtbr member
    I'll be there for at least a couple.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    just bought a mtb bike today. will be here in a week. one step closer...........

rog

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Just registered for all the races in the expert category... Gonna get spanked. At least I figured you guys might respect me more for getting spanked in expert than sandbagging in sport... :P

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    expert's where it's at. just makes ya faster. haven't signed up yet. gotta make sure I can switch my work schedule 1st.

surprised it's just one 5.5 mile lap......

rog

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    There's a pre-ride of the course scheduled for this Thursday, 6:30pm. Meet up by the 4H pavilion off of JackRabbit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Pre-ride was fun despite the cold rain. Love the loop although there are some nasty thorns right as you come out of the woods/single-track and ride along the power lines towards the finish. Maybe they'll hack those back before the race. My arms are all torn up from them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I haven't been that muddy in a while, felt good! No worries on the thorns, I'm planning on heading out there this afternoon to clear some of them out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    great turnout for the 1st race of 5. i'm guessing 75 or so riders showed up. course was super fun, but a bit too much flat getting to the trails and getting to the finish made for ss hell.

nice to see so many familiar faces. great to see you tom!!!

see y'all next week. maybe 100 will show

rog

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    wow 75 seems impressive

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshG View Post
    wow 75 seems impressive
    bet it will nearly double once word really gets out from the folks that are enjoying it already.

still glowing from the experience/scene. the new cheap heavy singlespeed was hella fun!!!

rog

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    will be riding the alps this am starting at 930 this am from the main lot if anyone's interested

Thursday's race will be wicked fun, and wicked wet

rog

mtbr member
    Nice to see you too Rog. Fun times!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    trails were dusty dry out there today. fast and perfect.

rog

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Yeah, it was super fun yesterday. I was just cruising and did the lap in something like 35 minutes. We'll see how it is today with the rain last night (and possibly today). Who else is gonna be there?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinShoes View Post
    Yeah, it was super fun yesterday. I was just cruising and did the lap in something like 35 minutes. We'll see how it is today with the rain last night (and possibly today). Who else is gonna be there?
    counting down the minutes

nice the rain will have taken care of the 1st long flat dusty field section. was gonna throw the front fender on, but............no looky no rainy.

rog

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I ate plenty of dust on that section tonight... I think I'm slow! When a SS passes me uphill, I know I have some work to do. Excellent time though, hoping they keep this kind of series up.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jephjd View Post
    I ate plenty of dust on that section tonight... I think I'm slow! When a SS passes me uphill, I know I have some work to do. Excellent time though, hoping they keep this kind of series up.
    ugh, that flat start was dusty as fvck with another $hit show bottleneck going into the woods. did you get passed by me on the ss? or the young buck that dusted me?

another tough night in paradise. took a lil bit o time off last weeks time, but felt slower.

next week!!!

rog

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Jeff from Gus' got a cool shot of that start. It looks like a stampede from some western movie. He posted it on their fb page if you wanna check it out.

I think the "feel slower" thing was more a result of that race was incredible fast. Everyone just absolutely took off!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinShoes View Post
    Jeff from Gus' got a cool shot of that start. It looks like a stampede from some western movie. He posted it on their fb page if you wanna check it out.
    ah cool, not a facebook guy. could you link it to here? must be a cool shot!

I think the "feel slower" thing was more a result of that race was incredible fast. Everyone just absolutely took off!
    ya that 1st bit to the woods is insane. but what is tough is that many of the folks that get there quick are MUCH slower once in the singletrack. and bobble on such non techy lil features. trying to pass in there is torture. I pissed one guy off pretty bad.

ah well, that's racing!

definitely a lot of very fit riders showing up which is awesome

rog

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Couldn't figure out how to post the video directly but here's the link. I think non-fb people will be able to access it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151748900408433

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks Kevin, nice video.

Rog, all I saw was a bright green singlespeed go by.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast