Stowe, VT/Waterbury riding?
Hey heading to Stowe next weekend. Looking to do a bunch of riding and hiking. I'd like to ride some trails, pump tracks, or even road riding. Any recommendations?
There are plenty of threads about riding in the Stowe/Waterbury already. Try a search.
Some trails for MTB include:
- Perry Hill in Waterbury
- Town Loops in Stowe (now known as Cady Hill)
- Adams Camp
- Sterling Valley
- Taylor Lodge (easy)
- Mt. Hunger
- Camels Hump
- Mt. Mansfield (many routes)
Go wherever you want to. Plenty of dirt roads too (which I prefer). Some popular areas seem to be (I never ride with anyone else, just notice more people in these places):
- Randolph Rd. (roughly parallels Rt. 100 between Stowe and Morrisville)
- Nebraska Valley
- Rt. 100 (pretty lame, lots of traffic)
- Rt. 108/Mountain Rd. (good bit of traffic, plenty of climbing as you get towards base of resort, then wicked climb to the Notch).
Bring all your bikes and hiking shoes, there's plenty to do. And if you're a fly-fisherman, the fish are hitting hard right now, so bring your rod too.
By Johnnydrz in forum Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine
Last Post: 10-20-2012, 06:00 PM
By DaveVt in forum Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine
Last Post: 08-01-2012, 02:08 PM
By bmike in forum Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine
Last Post: 08-05-2011, 11:30 AM
By BushwackerinPA in forum Passion
Last Post: 07-23-2011, 06:18 PM
By BushwackerinPA in forum Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine
Last Post: 07-23-2011, 05:09 PM