mtbr member

STAB recommendations

I'm looking to head up to STAB this week. Anyone have some recommendations on a good loop or must-ride trails? To give you an idea of my riding preferences, I'm much more of a fan of Kingdom Trails than Millstone. I like flow with some tech but not too much that I can't get a rhythm.

Thanks!
    That creep can roll, man.

customized
    Sep 2003
    How big of rides are you doing at KT? A big tour at Ascutney is 15-16 miles... which is a 25 mile Darling loop in effort.

mtbr member
    At KT I'll typically do a run up Darling hill, come down the west side and back up the east side into town. It will usually be around 15 to 20 miles. I guess a 10 mile loop at STAB would make sense then. I rode that at Millstone and was pretty spent.

trail magician
    I used to call STAB home but live in Burlington now. I got back down there for a ride last weekend and was reminded of how much I miss it. Incredible mix of flow and tech, and you can go billy goat style or keep it mellow.

Here's what I did. It ended up being 10.2 mi with about 1,700 feet of ascent. You could tack on a little more with ease by hitting the lower trails like Blue Dipper. Wear bright colors; I rode by Elmer Fudd while out there.

Park at the end of Coaching Lane. Take Cloud Climber to Lynx to Southern Belle to Grassy Knoll to South Ride Run to Ridgeback. Then go through the gravel pit back past the parking lot and up the Bicentennial Trail to Bypass to The Falls to Ease Up to Gracie's Loop to Falls from Grace (or stay on Gracie's) then backtrack to the parking lot. To tack on another mile or two go across Mile Long Field over to Blue Dipper and Pine Twister.

Get all that? You really can't go wrong but that's the way I like to ride it.

mtbr member
    Awesome! Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    When are you planning to ride Ascutney? If I'm around, I'd be glad to meet up with you and help plan a route on the map.