Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    unpossibles

South NH Saturday morning?

Any rides going out? I'm not fast or particularly good company but I'm getting bored riding solo all the time. I've got till lunchtime to play and I'll meet up as early as sunrise.

beer thief
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh_SL2 View Post
    ...I'm not fast or particularly good company but ...
    You need a better marketing agent!

unpossibles
    Quote Originally Posted by radair View Post
    You need a better marketing agent!
    If I set the bar low I have a better chance of making a good impression.

Competent User
    You should check out this Derry based Facebook group. We've got people doing rides all the time, and Danville's not too far off from most of them.

Also look into the NEMBA mailing list for rides as well.

unpossibles
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post
    You should check out this Derry based Facebook group. We've got people doing rides all the time, and Danville's not too far off from most of them.

Great info, thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post

Thanks for posting that FB page... have been looking for a local group to ride with. I to am sick of riding solo.

Josh... as for Saturday I am a no go. I am not free until the afternoon. The wife has a hair appointment in the morning...

If your plans change I will probably be riding the FOMBA trails in Auburn around 2 PM
    Surly Karate Monkey, SNGLSPD
    Surly Puglsey

mtbr member
    Looking at hitting Hampstead sometime this weekend, possibly sometime Saturday..

unpossibles
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy29er View Post

Josh... as for Saturday I am a no go. I am not free until the afternoon. The wife has a hair appointment in the morning...

If your plans change I will probably be riding the FOMBA trails in Auburn around 2 PM
    Thanks! Unfortunately, especially on weekends, it's morning or not at all. Wife/kids/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Iboated View Post
    Looking at hitting Hampstead sometime this weekend, possibly sometime Saturday..
    I haven't been there for over a month and I was thinking earlier that if I don't find a ride to join, that's where I'm going. It's too close and too awesome to not be going there regularly. If you're going in the AM let me know.

mtbr member
    What time were u thinking??

unpossibles
    Quote Originally Posted by Iboated View Post
    What time were u thinking??
    Anywhere from 6-9am start time.

unpossibles
    Well, Hampstead was great this morning! There's a large tree down in one area that has a bee nest in it so be careful of that. I posted pics of it on the Facebook group. Just shy of 8 miles with no crashes and no bee stings.

mtbr member
    Hey josh, where was the tree, i found a few that need to be removed, i may try to get out tomorrw morning with the chain saw and the bee spray

unpossibles
    Quote Originally Posted by PitchCrew View Post
    Hey josh, where was the tree, i found a few that need to be removed, i may try to get out tomorrw morning with the chain saw and the bee spray
    I believe it's the circled intersection on the attached map. Pic of the tree and bee infestation attached as well. I didn't notice the bees until I was half way over...good thing it was early/cool and they were lethargic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails South NH Saturday morning?-hampstead_bees.jpg  

South NH Saturday morning?-bee_tree_1.jpg  

South NH Saturday morning?-bee_tree_2.jpg  

mtbr member
    that is not the only wasp nest out there. multiple riders have been stung in other areas as well. if you are allergic make sure to have an epipen. ticks, blackflies, mosquitos,deerflies, and now wasps. I HATEM THEY STINK!

unpossibles
    Quote Originally Posted by lone ranger nh View Post
    that is not the only wasp nest out there. multiple riders have been stung in other areas as well. if you are allergic make sure to have an epipen. ticks, blackflies, mosquitos,deerflies, and now wasps. I HATEM THEY STINK!
    That's good to know. I've had a bad reaction once, but had been stung many times before and many since with no issues.

Competent User
    Just wanted to say thanks. I came across this today, and remembered this post, so I went way way around. When I got past, and turned around, it was roiling. So thanks for the warning. I'm not allergic, but it would have sucked regardless.
    Last edited by Mr.Quint; 09-03-2012 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Thanks for the heads up.

mtbr member
    Kev.. we rode out there yesterday, that nest that he posted the pics of is NASTY, they were swarming while we went by, had to have been 300 bees... gonna need more than just one can of spray, prolly a few cans and a few people spraying at the same time... we found the other nest too it's by the higher skinny log ride that doesn't get much action on the figure 8? We rode there yesterday for a couple hours...
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Sounds like a night time raid on these things is in store. Where abouts in relation to the High skinny log, that is the one that got a bunch of riders 2 weeks ago. Thanks

mtbr member
    we couldn't really tell, but a couple of the guys got stung while standing at the skinny end of the log ride... Sucks cuz that's the way in, and the way out... they got stung goin in right before the steep downhill. It's gotta be at the skinny end cuz thats where they got stung, and, they were attempting to ride the log by starting at the big end for about 10 minutes with no problems...
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

see me rollin, they hatin
    oh man, probably heading there this weekend! Probably Sat AM - early afternoon.
    we need a guide. kevin? meh?
    fap

mtbr member
    just go ride, you can't get lost out there... BTW... I cleared blue moon climb! Woot woot... on the bees... just don't stop! haha
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Kev, If you want I'll pack a couple cans of bee juice in the camelback tomorrow. I don't know if the weather will hold for a ride, but I'd be up to kill some insects regardless of if we ride or not.

mtbr member
    Any one know how bees behave in the rain? I will get the big one pictured BEEfore the weekend. the other one i have searched and not found the nest yet. Nice work on blue moon Manch, i have only cleared it twice this year. That one leaves me sucking wind like no other given the short elevation

mtbr member
    sounds good man i have one can, i dont mind trail work in the rain plus im hoping it will keep the bee activity low. so come over if you want or call It isnt looking to good for getting a ride in. i will most likely ride Thur night and try to catch up with nicoleB28 and her group sat..(hint nicole let me know what time)

see me rollin, they hatin
    still very loose plans at the moment. you remember the tall lanky kid Josh (long blondish hair) got your number a couple months ago. He suggested riding there Sat. We've both been there, but theres no way i'd remember how to find most of trails. Maybe like, 10 or 11? i'll get more "deets" later on. just wondering if you were generally around on Sat mornings
    fap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast