mtbr member

Single track in lower Bartlett, NH

My wife and I just purchased a vacation home on Town Hall rd. in lower Bartlett. It will be grest for kayaking but is there any single track along that road. We went down the road to the north east a fair bit when we were last there and there looks to be a lot of potential but no one I have spoken to could point to a particular trailhead. Anybody know of any single track along Town Hall Rd. Would be nice to be on single track right out the door.
    On a different subject what the deal with GPS in the White mountains. None of the mapping software features seems to match up with the Lat/Long GPs positions. I took a way point in the front yard and when plotted on a map it was several 100 yards away. My car gps is near useless as well. When we were looking for homes the roads would be listed but as often as not the routing would not get you there.
    Thanks in advance.
    Chris

beer thief
    No, not really. There used to be a small network on the other side of the East Branch River, but it has probably been swallowed up by the forest. There are some logging roads/snowmobile trails at the end of Town Hall Rd. but they're not very interesting and are really only used if you want to ride to Chatham. There's a trail that goes around Mountain Pond but it's too bony to be enjoyable.

There's lots of great riding in the valley otherwise.