JDM
    mtbr member

Sept 15th - Trail Day at Page Hill

Join us Sept 15th at Page Hill for some benching, berming and bridging on Spring Trail. Also, come see the rototiller in action as a trail building tool!

Registration is from 8 to 9 AM on Range Rd in Hill, NH. From there it is a short walk, bike ride, or pick-up truck ride to the work site.

Don't be mislead by Google maps; Clough Rd is not passable for most vehicles so plan to arrive via Currier Rd.

mtbr member
    Great new trails guys. We rode there today and had a great time. Made some fresh tracks through the rototiller section. Really a nice loop with some good views. Only opinion other than great work....not a fan of the mmm? Trail some corners don't work well and seeing as how new it is could benefit from some minor changes

JDM
    mtbr member
    I'm really excited to hear that someone put some tracks on the new work! I was all by myself (with the rototiller) working on on the trail from 9 to noon last Sunday and felt like a made some pretty good headway. You can disturb a lot of dirt with that little machine. We should be able to make a lot of progress on the top half of Spring if we get a decent turnout on the 15th.

Sept 15th - Trail Day at Page Hill-berm.jpg

Thanks for the feedback on the trails. MMT got put in last year in a hurry and definitely needs a few revisions. We're up to over 800 hours of work total, and there are still tons of improvements that I want to make. MMT is somewhere on the TODO list, but our focus has been on the trails that form the main loop.

The other thing that is pulling my attention away is that we have approval for two more trails that I'm excited to start (sketched in pink below). One will connect from Spring to Hydra. The other run right down the middle of the property and will be a one-way flow trail.
    Sept 15th - Trail Day at Page Hill-page-hill-new-trails-sketch.jpg

mtbr member
    Those two future trails will really make things sweet. hard hat to flowtrail climb back up to the dude abides.....That will be sweet

Go Bruins!
    I, too, recently drove up to Hill from Hampton to ride these trails. I agree with PitchCrew that MMT is a tough go with multiple steep cut back turns going down, but also I got a little lost trying to get to spring from the power lines. I ended up finding spring going up a double track through the woods.

I didn't make it to the "dude" unfortunately, but ended up going back riding hydra, then bearclaw, and doing the climb to hard hat past the old cabins (which I had to check out). Rode a good portion of hard hat, turned around, and flew down the hill back to the car.

The two new proposed trails above would solve a lot of problems there. The ability to bypass fireroads to get to spring and the ability to cut the area in half with the flow trail to re-ride areas or create mutiple loops. Great job up there. I'll look to ride again this fall. A little far for me at over 1.5 hrs from my house, but I like change a lot when it comes to trail riding.
    Get out and ride even when you don't want to because ten minutes into the ride you'll be glad you did.

JDM
    mtbr member
    Tomorrow is trail day at Page Hill. Don't forget that we're meeting on Range Rd (on the right ~.1 miles after Currier Rd turns from pavement to dirt)

I just got done pre-building some bridge sections. I can't wait to see them out on Spring trail!

Sept 15th - Trail Day at Page Hill-photo-8-.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sept 15th - Trail Day at Page Hill-photo-8-.jpg  

JDM
    mtbr member
    Trail day recap is up on the club's site. We're planning a group ride to test things out on Thursday at 5:30.

Sept 15th - Trail Day at Page Hill-james-bridge.jpg

JDM
    mtbr member
    We're planning to put some tires on all the new trail work this Thursday (9/19).

We'll meet at 5:30 at the trailhead on Murray Hill Rd. We will roll out by 5:45 to make best use of the limited daylight.

A light is recommended, but not required.

Please contact me in advance if you would like to join, but can't make the start time. We can figure out a meet-up point.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Re: Sept 15th - Trail Day at Page Hill

Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    Tomorrow is trail day at Page Hill. Don't forget that we're meeting on Range Rd (on the right ~.1 miles after Currier Rd turns from pavement to dirt)

I just got done pre-building some bridge sections. I can't wait to see them out on Spring trail!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (8).jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	831886
    Can you make them a little lighter next time my back hurts...:beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    We're planning to put some tires on all the new trail work this Thursday (9/19).

We'll meet at 5:30 at the trailhead on Murray Hill Rd. We will roll out by 5:45 to make best use of the limited daylight.

A light is recommended, but not required.

Please contact me in advance if you would like to join, but can't make the start time. We can figure out a meet-up point.

can you rec. a 'best direction' to ride these traisl ?

mtbr member
    Most of these trails were built to be ridden in either direction and IMO do indeed ride well both ways with the exception being Magikal Mystery Tour (MMT) which is best ridden clockwise (taking the immediate left after leaving Bear Claw instead of going straight).

Lately I have enjoyed riding the entire spot as a counter-clockwise loop. Climb Bear Claw, you can add MMT at the beginning or end or both, then continue up Bear Claw to the cabins and Hard Hat. Hard Hat to the Powerlines and up to The Dude Abides. Out to Spring and descend down and around to Hydra and back up to either MMT again or a quick descent back down Bear Claw.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSlav View Post
    Most of these trails were built to be ridden in either direction and IMO do indeed ride well both ways with the exception being Magikal Mystery Tour (MMT) which is best ridden clockwise (taking the immediate left after leaving Bear Claw instead of going straight).

Lately I have enjoyed riding the entire spot as a counter-clockwise loop. Climb Bear Claw, you can add MMT at the beginning or end or both, then continue up Bear Claw to the cabins and Hard Hat. Hard Hat to the Powerlines and up to The Dude Abides. Out to Spring and descend down and around to Hydra and back up to either MMT again or a quick descent back down Bear Claw.

thank you sir !

thanks for the info, stoked to check it out

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSlav View Post

thank you sir !

thanks for the info, stoked to check it out