mtbr member

Roland Run now open in Pittsfield

As your friendly Pittsfield trailbuilder, I'd like to tell you about the trail we just opened. Roland Run is a rollicking expert only downhill half pipe trail. It starts from Mountaintop Cabin, passes the fire pit and sends you down some rock steps, around some tight berms and over a couple steep cliffs. (There are some narrow chutes chipped into the cliffs for the less gonzo among us.) The ride concludes right before the berm run at Warman. Its incredible fun! Matt

Be sure to submit a picture of you at the summit for the Mountaintop Cabin Hall of Fame. Pics of the trail follow:

the train keeps rollin
    thanks for building and sharing.
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Though I got it open, it was definitely a collaborative effort of the good bike folk of Pittsfield. A couple of guys road it with a head cam yesterday. I forgot to ask them, but hopefully the footage ends up on youtube. Anyway, its always a pleasure. Nothing makes me happier than seeing lots of people enjoying the trails!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    That was me and Bushwackr getting first tracks. He is working on an edit. We really liked the trail below it a lot.

mtbr member
    Look forward to seeing it! That's Warman. The talented Brooke Skatchard of Sinuousity and I stacked it with berms last summer. Pure fun.

mtbr member
    My brother and I rode roland's run a couple days ago and it was awesome! It started out fairly smooth and I was thinking, "sidewinder from KT," then there were some nice little rocky drops. Very unexpected! I'll post a quick edit video when it's done uploading. Good job on the trails Matt!
    Pugsley, Bullit

mtbr member

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Rugbyroy; 07-02-2011 at 05:30 PM.
    Pugsley, Bullit

mtbr member
    Sweet!! Its the guys from the great state of PA. Bring up some soft pretzels next time if you remember. Awesome video. I'll share it on the Green Mt Trail Facebook pronto. My goal for the rest of the year is to seek out and build more expert trails on the top of the mountain. Stay tuned.

Oh yeah, and sorry about the rough transition into Warman. I want riders to slow down at the intersection, but not to the point of crashing! I'll have to go back and work on that some more.

mtbr member
    It was all my fault on the crash. Too much braking and the front wheel washed out. I was due for a crash anyways!
    Pugsley, Bullit

mtbr member
    Cool man, I hope you didn't take a digger into the raspberry bushes, or worse yet, the stinging nettles!