Seattle drivers suck

Riding 3/19 or 20th (Central VT)

Looking for some snow-free riding this weekend in or fairly close to central VT - Dave, I'm looking in your direction... I'm dyin' over here!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Nothing in VT yet. Go East. Parts of harold parker in Mass are ready....less the 2 hours from you...I imagine parts of vietnam in Milford are ready too...as well as north shore mass stuff. PM woodyak from the mass forum to get a tour of that stuff. WELL worth the drive.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Just got word that Chipman in Middlebury is rideable. About 45 minutes worth of singletrack there in great shape according to my source. Additional trail in and around the TAM a little behind but almost there. Might not be worth a drive from Royalton, but if anyone is close to Middlebury, there's dry dirt there!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I'm going to walk some of sunny hollow/Camp Johnson tomorrow and will report back. I'm guessing the higher stuff on the Camp J side will be ridable with some short hike a bike. I have not been out but I'm told the BVT trails around the bike path and ethan allen park are good to go.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by murph62903
    I'm going to walk some of sunny hollow/Camp Johnson tomorrow and will report back. I'm guessing the higher stuff on the Camp J side will be ridable with some short hike a bike. I have not been out but I'm told the BVT trails around the bike path and ethan allen park are good to go.
    I should be able to ride E.Allen and local BTV high school trails Friday AM. I usually do a loop in the morning - Leddy, BTV HighSchool, E. Allen, Intervale, then lakefront, then behind the diocese building.

Intervale will be a soggy mess for awhile... so I may skirt it and head into town on the paved path. BTV HS trails and Intervale were firm early AM early this week, but the temp has been climbing.

Seattle drivers suck
    Sounds like it's Middlebury for me - shoot, I'll drive miles to get some turns... I went to Gile Mt. today and there was still quite a bit of snow in spots, but others sections were bone-dry.

mtbr member
    Here's a pic from Saxon Hill yesterday. I just poked my head in to scope it out for the first time this year. Still a couple weeks away from being rideable around here. I'd be interested in hearing how Sunny Hollow and the BHS loop is looking. Probably not ready yet, but hopefully getting close. There's still a foot of corn snow in the upper reaches of the Hinesburg Town Forest!

Chipman is mostly south facing, so that sounds like a good bet.

I'm still trying to eek out a bit more good skiing to make up for the minimal powder days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding 3/19 or 20th (Central VT)-mid-flo-march-sm.jpg  

I used to build these: www.bikesonsnow.homestead.com
    I now build trails: www.sinuosity.net

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Mobbs hill and Valley NOT ready saw some bike tracks their on Wednesday. I heard the main loop behind BHS( running trail) is still soft/ wet but most of the single track is good to go. Will report back on sunny hollow tonite

Vermonter to the Core
    sounds like I will be in good shape for the 12th of April when I have to be up in BVT... with my new ride of coures!
    JEM
    09 Marlin Disc
    2010 Cannondale RZ 120....
    2011 Trek XO Crossbike
    .......... __o
    ......... -\<
    ........(_)/(_)

Seattle drivers suck
    Soooo... anyone riding Middlebury tomorrow??

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    sunny hollow / camp Johnson is pretty much good to go for now Precip in the forcast for Sunday, lots of leaves and snow still in some of the hollows. Started off with a short walk then went back to the cars for the bikes. High stuff was pretty much all good, did not check the bridges and stuff closest to rt 7, I'm sure that area is still wet( it always is). Stuff over on Camp J was o.k, all fire/tank road still soft, we did the three loops were dry except for at the bottoms where we had to walk,

Seattle drivers suck

Middlebury

The trails are choice right now... only two or three puddles!