Ambivalent Luddite

rides in the Twin Mountain, NH area

Does anyone know of any trails near Twin Mountain?

I'll be camping at Ammonoosuc Campgrounds in August, trying to find some good trails (single/double track) in the area.

All I've been able to find is Cherry Mountain Loop. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

inFATuated
    98 Ti Fat, 98 CC, 98 Yo, 96 Yo x 2, 93 Buck

IMBA Canada
    Aug 2004
    I've heard of stuff around Littleton... and there must be some good riding because there is a big Specialized store there... If you sell MTBs, then you must have some riding...

Just got back from riding in NH... over in North Conway... Lots and lots and lots of great singletrack. Buy a map and they'll add some on there if you need more.
    ADSVMQ :: Quebec mountain bike trail advocacy group www.ADSVMQ.org

beer thief
    Franconia & Easton are nearby: Lincoln NH

Ambivalent Luddite
    Thanks guys!

inFATuated
    98 Ti Fat, 98 CC, 98 Yo, 96 Yo x 2, 93 Buck

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    The only possible riding in twin would be the snow-machine trails, no single track that I have ever heard about. We used to ride the lower portion of the Garfield hiking trail. The cherry mtn loop is a snow-machine trail. There are 3 unconnected trails in Littleton; the dam trail, Parker mtn, and Mt Eustis. In Franconia we have more connected single track than you could ride in a month. Maps available at all bike shops in the area.

Rob let's ride together again,soon! Available most days, except Tuesday and Wednesday.

banned
    ^when did the map of Franconia come out? does it include Easton Valley? i've been riding up there for years, and never heard of a map. i've known Big Ring and Tucker, Moody etc... since the late 80's. it's about time someone got that area on a map. good stuff!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KidRawkz View Post
    ^when did the map of Franconia come out? does it include Easton Valley? i've been riding up there for years, and never heard of a map. i've known Big Ring and Tucker, Moody etc... since the late 80's. it's about time someone got that area on a map. good stuff!
    The map is a couple years old now, so it is already missing some new trails. It includes all the trails in the Easton Valley in Franconia, not Easton, still some landowner issues out there. The Paine Road trails are so well defined who needs a map there anyway? ;-)

mtbr member
    couple buddies an I are going up this weekend to the notch to do the top notch tri-athlon part to get some practice in. Does anyone have any other good starting points for trails in the area while we're up there? Thanks,
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    I lived in Twin Mountain when I worked at the Mt. Wash back in the mid-90's. Yes, snowmobile trails galore, pretty fun ones, actually. I would often string together a ride from Twin up to the Mt. Washington Hotel, ride the XC ski trails behind the hotel, and then drop by Upper Falls for a dip in the chilly Ammonoosuc.
    I also remember some pretty cool trails off of the paved access road that led up to the trailhead for Zealand Falls hut.
    Happy exploring!
    -Chris

IMBA Canada
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BurkeVT View Post
    I lived in Twin Mountain when I worked at the Mt. Wash back in the mid-90's. Yes, snowmobile trails galore, pretty fun ones, actually. I would often string together a ride from Twin up to the Mt. Washington Hotel, ride the XC ski trails behind the hotel, and then drop by Upper Falls for a dip in the chilly Ammonoosuc.
    I also remember some pretty cool trails off of the paved access road that led up to the trailhead for Zealand Falls hut.
    Happy exploring!
    Nice!
    ADSVMQ :: Quebec mountain bike trail advocacy group www.ADSVMQ.org