mtbr member

red tail trail etc.. still open for riding?

figured one of the white mountain nemba guys could chime in an just see if the trails are still open up there. was looking for an epic destination friday an have been wanting to get up there forever... thanks for any input...
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by manchvegas View Post
    figured one of the white mountain nemba guys could chime in an just see if the trails are still open up there. was looking for an epic destination friday an have been wanting to get up there forever... thanks for any input...
    I would like to add to that how is it up there thanksgiving weekend? My family and I are heading up there for Santa village I would LOVE to get a ride in Sunday morning!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Funny, I am planning on going up there Saturday myself! Would love to know of a few things. PM as needed!!

- Status of Hurricane Mt Rd? Open? Closed?
    - Black Cap Connector trail over to Quarry and Sticks and Stone? Status report?
    - If not on that side how is Moat Mountain?

Does Red Jersey Cycles have maps of the area for purchase or free?

Thanks in advance everyone!

beer thief
    Tons of sticks and branches down throughout the valley. I went for a ride & clean yesterday and stopped every 100' or less to move stuff. Leaf blowing is underway today and tomorrow but expect some areas will not be cleaned up yet. Sidehill/Rattlesnake to quarry should be blown by the weekend.

Black Cap Connector does not get blown and is in its usual rough shape. The Nature Conservancy and NEMBA have significant reroutes planned for this trail over the next few years and it is likely to become one of our premiere AM trails (only appreciated by a small minority at the present time).

Hurricane Mtn Road is still open unless there's a temporary closure for trees down; generally does not shut down until snow flies.

All local bike shops and the Saco Ranger station at the east end of the Kanc have the Conway Area MTB map for sale.

November is hunting season! Wear bright clothes. And have fun out there.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Thanks radair!! Much appreciated. Ill let you know how Black Cap Connector is once done. It would be awesome to have that trail rerouted and cleaned up. I will check the wmnemba site for work days in the next year or so.

Glenn

mtbr member
    I will be visiting N Conway area (Freedom NH) on Thanksgiving, looking for ride day after (Friday) or Saturday morning, 2-3 hrs.

Anyone care to hook up for a ride, whether another out of towner, or a local looking to show off their local goods?

Or any group rides?

Regardless of that, if I strike out on my own, what is best place to go: well marked, trail maps available online or print, etc?

Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by sandman012; 11-13-2012 at 01:08 PM.

beer thief
    I can probably show you around. Weather forecast looks pretty good at the present time. Let me know what time works for you and we'll figure something out.