beer thief

Red Jersey Cyclery Race Series, North Conway area

The Red Jersey Cyclery is putting on their summer race series again in 2007. I think this is the 12th year running and is a really fun series no matter how serious you are (or are not) about racing.

The Jersey is the considered to be the premiere bike shop in the Mt. Washington Valley and is heavily involved in promoting the sport in our area.

The series includes three Thursday night races, one each in June, July & August, with the final time trial on really fun singletrack on Saturday, September 15th. Even if you can only make the Saturday race it is well worth the trip.

Linkage with dates and venues here: http://www.redjersey.com/raceseriespage.php

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I'm thinking about trying one of these out this year...does anybody have a description of what the Whitaker Woods course is like?

beer thief
    Quote Originally Posted by crooker
    I'm thinking about trying one of these out this year...does anybody have a description of what the Whitaker Woods course is like?
    Whitaker Woods is mostly doubletrack, so it's a fairly fast course. There's more climbing than you might expect from a location in the middle of North Conway, but no long or really steep climbs. It's a good location, plenty of room for passing, lots of fun.

mtbr member
    whitaker woods, when was the last time they ran it there? i was just thinking the races as they are now are just a shadow of there former self i really hope that they start to regain popularity among locals
    touch the sky

"it feels like you have a flat, but you don't!!"
    -Unknown Rider-