mtbr member
    May 2012

Recommended MTB bike fitter in New England?

Hi all. Bought a sweet Specialized Carve 29er last season but I'm in need of a professional fitting. Hands numb, some knee pain with current set-up. LBS are nice guys, but I'm looking for a more detailed MTB fitter. I was fit on my road bike at Fit Werx fwiw.

Any suggestions? I live in SW New Hampshire but could travel(within reason).

Thanks
    Graham

mtbr member
    You might want to check out Wheel Power in Exeter, NH if that's not too far out of range. The guys are highly skilled mountain bikers and I know that at least one of them is a certified fitter, though I can't remember which program they did.

Wheel Power

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    "SW NH" covers a lot of ground. On the opposite (west) end of Direwolf's recommendation is....West Hill in Putney. They are experienced in fitting.

Wheel power is a great shop too, might come down to whom is close.

You could call souhegan in Milford, don't know what their fitting expertise is. 603sports.com

Goodales claim's bike fitting too but probably be my last choice based, no experience with their fitting.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I could recommend Souhegan in Milford, but they won't have a lot of parts in stock to adjust the bike to you as far as saddle choices or stems. For saddles they keep a full line of WTB test saddles, but you'll have to wait once you pick one. I have had a fit done on my road bike at Gearworks cyclery in Leominster MA. Those guys know whats up and are cetified by Specialized

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshG View Post
    "SW NH" covers a lot of ground. On the opposite (west) end of Direwolf's recommendation is....West Hill in Putney. They are experienced in fitting.

Wheel power is a great shop too, might come down to whom is close.

You could call souhegan in Milford, don't know what their fitting expertise is. 603sports.com

Goodales claim's bike fitting too but probably be my last choice based, no experience with their fitting.
    I would second West Hill Shop.

mtbr member
    +1 on wheel power, josh and darrel are awesome... though I've never seen the need for "fitting" on a mountain bike to each his own though... road bike yes, as your in the same position pretty much for 90% of the ride..
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

Ibexbiker
    Apr 2006
    If you already received a fit at Fit Werx they should have your information on file or you should have a copy of it. They might be able to use the geometry and measurements from Specialized and the info from your former bike fit and help you fine tune your bike. Not sure the price or if they do this sort of thing, but it might be worth it to check it out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Uhh, since you put so much stock in a "bike fitter", maybe you should have consulted one before you bought a bike... Or... put your seat down, shorten your stem and get some rise bars. Chances are, your LBS will know a lot more about your local trails terrain than some spandex pushing fit weenies from 200 miles away... Maybe the real question is why the shop you purchased the bike from didn't dial you in???

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I've heard good things about Thea Kent at Landry's Boston store. Ian at Fit Works in Waitsfield VT is very good, but I'm not sure about his MTB background. He did a hell of a TT fit for me though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by DireWolf View Post
    You might want to check out Wheel Power in Exeter, NH if that's not too far out of range. The guys are highly skilled mountain bikers and I know that at least one of them is a certified fitter, though I can't remember which program they did.
    x_2