Thread: R.I.P. Jeff

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

R.I.P. Jeff

Yesterday i lost a good friend and fellow mt. biker. Jeff Filion passed away unexpectantly doing what he loved. I met Jeff several years ago, at that time he was just another customer. It was just last year that we made the bike connection, shortly after i had just started riding. Jeff was a great teacher, without him i would not be doing what i thought was impossible before we met. He would tell me how to do something and then would take the time to correct my mistakes. Always patient, encouraging, generous, funny, and cheerful. I will never ride like Jeff, but every ride i will remember him. I only wish we had more rides together. R.I.P. Jeff, you will be missed by all that knew you.

mtbr member
    Sorry for your loss!

RIP Jeff...enjoy the ride!

horseman
    Sep 2005
    He was a buddy of mine and Iwas with him when he passed. It happened just before the start of a ride. But right up to that moment he was jazzed up about taking part in an activity so much simpler and enjoyable than all those other things life throws at you, with a group of his best friends, ona truly magnificent weather day. So tragic, yet I know he was happy & thrilled right up to his last moments. We'll figure out some kind of memorial ride and plan to name one of our trail projects, features, etc... In his name.

mtbr member
    sorry to hear that, can imagine losing one of my ridin buddies....
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Is it inappropriate to ask what happened?

I remember reading about a guy in NJ that was in his thirties and an avid rider who had a heart attack on a long steady climb. Kind of eye opening.

mtbr member
    Sorry to hear that, it is such a terrible feeling to go through that. 4 years ago my best friend died in my arms while snowmobiling. It is something that will never be forgotten but the feelings will change and the good memories will take over as time goes on.

vermonter
    2old2mtbike and wildsky, I am truly sorry to hear of this and hope you are all doing well.
    Brattleboro/Keene NEMBA officer and trail hero!