mtbr member

Questions about Stratham Hill Park

Just recently discovered Stratham Hill park and I'm pretty excited about the trails out there. I normally ride Fort Rock, but SHP is nice for a change of pace, as well as a good spot to bring beginner riders new to the sport. It's also very close by to me.

I've only ridden there twice, and both times we didn't really have a plan for our loops, we just kind of wandered around. We did the USA Today trail, Sanddollar, etc. I'd like to ask for suggestions for what trails to link up for ~8 mile rides or so. Climbing is fine, I just want to keep it flowy and fun for most of the ride.

Also, I've seen some video of a cool log ride that I can't seem to find and I'd appreciate some help on locating it. It looks like a blow-down that's still attached at the stump that requires a bit of a wheelie-drop at the end of it. Does that make sense? I can post a video if needed.

Thanks in advance!
    NKAWTG

mtbr member
    The skinny you talk about is off a new trail that breaks off the USA today trail. There is a 9 mile loop out there that you can do and they have added new trails and plains to build more. I live in Exeter so the rock in my back yard but like you said SHP is a nice change of pace.

mtbr member
    Finski do you have a map? Here is a link. The map is already outdated since it doesn't have the Soggy Dollar.

I think the log you're talking about is next to the Yellow Jacket trail. It's not right on the main trail but there's a little parallel section with the log. YJ isn't that long so you'll find it if you're looking for it.

As far as a loop, just hit all the singletrack. I usually start with either Stratham or Jewell Hill and do Long Hill with Intestines (map calls it Fire Pit??) in the middle. It's not 8 miles if you do all the singletrack in one direction, it's probably 5. We usually do it all again backwards, or just mix and match. It's only 8 miles if you add the fields that the No Brakes race has.