mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Places to stay near Burlington?

Hey guys,

I having no luck at all on the usual vacation rental websites, so I thought I'd ask the MTBR-VT community...

Myself and 17 friends are coming to Burlington from July 26-28 for a guys weekend before my friend gets married. We are planning to visit some breweries and pubs, perhaps fish a little, as well as squeak in a road ride (I know I know) perhaps the infamous smugglers notch loop.

We are looking for a house or cottage(s) somewhere in or nearby Burlington to rent for the weekend, preferably near the Lake.

I know what everyone's thinking, really? Rent my place for a bachelor party? But I assure you, we're a good bunch, and this isn't the usual bachelor party crowd - hence the destination.

Anyhow, if anyone has a place, or can make any recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!

mtbr member
    That's a lot of people! Are you familiar with the area? People rent big houses on the lake and there are a lot of rentals in Stowe. I did a search for "burlington weekly lake house rental" and found a bunch of sites, but be ready to dig deep in your pockets! If you aren't familiar with Stowe (If you are you already know) and since you've posted on a mb page, I'd strongly reconsider bringing road bikes!