mtbr member
    May 2013

Place to stay Kingdom Trails

I would like to head up to kingdom trails in East Burke. Any recommendations for a good place to stay that is bike friendly? Looking more of the hotel or large Inn type. I see the Comfort Inn in St. Johnsbury? Thanks

mtbr member
    We always stay at the Burke Bike Barn. It is a rental that is right on the trails. You can make your own meals and relax after a ride. It is the best place to stay in my mind. Doug Clarner, the owner, is a super nice guy.

East Burke Vermont Rentals located directly on the Kingdom Trails

If you want something a little more upscale, you cannot beat the Wildflower Inn. Also right on the trails.

MC MasterShake
    I used to camp there before I picked up a rental/vacation place up there. My buddy has stayed at that Comfort Inn. He said it wasn't bad but it's more of a motel type of thing. I know some folks that have stayed at the Bike Barn and were very happy with it as well. The Wildflower in looks fantastic if your willing to pay up.

Not to spam but here is a link to my place that I just started renting out Burke House Rental: Burke Mountain Getaway. Great Spot For Mountain Biking, Skiing, Site Seeing | HomeAway.

Cheers!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    The bike barn looks nice but with only two rooms they seem to be booked through the summer. Must be a good place. Woodyak you condo looks very nice, it would be great if I could get a group together.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I've stayed in the Comfort Inn, and for what it is (big, generic hotel/motel) it is actually really nice. The people who work there all seemed much more invested in their jobs than you usually get in that type of place, and the breakfast was big, decent, and included in the rate. If that's the type of lodging you're after, it's a good bet.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by VtVolk View Post
    I've stayed in the Comfort Inn, and for what it is (big, generic hotel/motel) it is actually really nice. The people who work there all seemed much more invested in their jobs than you usually get in that type of place, and the breakfast was big, decent, and included in the rate. If that's the type of lodging you're after, it's a good bet.
    Do they have a place to store/wash your bike? Thanks Bob

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I stayed there in the winter, so had no experience with bike facilities. I bet they have a phone number though...

mtbr member
    If you are looking for a motel that is closer to KT, the old LynBurke in Lyndonville, is now owned by the O'Reillys, the same folks who own the wildflower. And they do bike packages that are very reasonable.

Biking Packages

BARE BONES’ MOUNTAIN BIKE PACKAGE: Stay one or more nights (2 nights required on weekends) and this rate will include One Kingdom Trail Day Pass per night per adult.
    Rates for two people range from $99 to $109 /night plus tax depending on dates.

KEEP ON BIKING’ MOUNTAIN BIKING PACKAGE: If you already have a Kingdom Trails Season Pass, here's our award to you - Stay a minimum of 2 nights on the weekend or 1 night mid-week, and you'll get 10% off your stay! You must show us your KT pass at check in in order to keep this rate. No pass, no discount - sorry, but that's the rule!!!
    Rates for two people range from $71 to $80 /night plus tax depending on dates.

beer thief
    Most, if not all of this info is in the KT Sticky thread at the top of this page

Woodyak, you should add your rental info to the Sticky thread also

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I was up there last weekend, I stayed at the LynBurke and they give you a fantastic rate with Triple A, about a 1/3 the cost of the inns. Simple but clean, have a hose to clean off your bike at the end of the day and restaurant pub directly across the street. They are located about 1 min from Darling Hill so real convenient to the trails. I will be back. Thanks for all the tips above.