mtbr member

Pittsfield Trails aftermath

Though there are more important things to worry about right now, I'll give my first assessment of the trails. Amee Barn trailhead is out for a while due to Fusters Bridge washing down the river, but there will be at least two alternative trailheads available--one at the bottom and one mid mountain. Trails are pretty clogged with deadfall but generally in good shape otherwise, except with one notable exception: Fusters Ravine which cuts across Fusters Trail and the Stairs has washed out a significant gully. Lots of work but all is certainly not lost and after this brief setback we'll be cranking out some great new trails.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks for the update Zaab. I've been closely following the plight of those of you trapped in Pittsfield and my thoughts have been with you all. It's been very heart warming reading the news reports of how Pittsfield residents have banded together and rolled up your sleeves to get things done. You've made all Vermonters proud with your can do attitude.

Best wishes to everyone out there as we pick up the pieces from this devastating storm.

mtbr member
    Thanks Jay, and people shouldn't think that the news reports are just simply media embellishment. That's really how Pittsfield is. I'm now on the road crew instead of the trail crew for the time being.