Thread: Pinehill

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Pinehill

Does anyone now if Pinehill in Rutland is ridable without studs? I want to ride this weekend, but haven't put the studs on yet...thanks

mtbr member
    May 2011
    No studs needed. No snow, no ice.
    It's a little muddy today after last nights rain, but the forecast looks good for the weekend (the sun's out now) and it should dry out pretty quick.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I spoke a little soon.

After the rain and freeze/thaw cycles weve been getting, pine hill trails have become a muddy mess. I went out today and found 1-3" of sticky peanut butter over 95% of the trails.

Please give our trails some time to recover and cross us off your list of rideable places until further notice. The few bikes that have come through managed to churn up an awful mess. I'll keep you informed. We just need some cold weather or some sunny days.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Rode pinehill park in Rutland VT this weekend. Saturday the 18th and it rocked. Trails were a little wet but riding in Feb? Awesome......

mtbr member
    May 2011
    PHP trails are currently Hardpack snow, a little mud and a little slush. Totally rideable without studs. There's no ice (yet), but be careful on the bridges.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Bump.

What has the freeze-thaw cycle done to the trails? How are things shaping up for evening riding next week? We'll be pushing 60 nearly every day and we'll have the daylight at the end of the work day due to the time change, but do things need some time to set up?
    2005 Cannondale Jekyll with Manitou Minute Super 140mm

mtbr member
    Pine Hill is asking riders to NOT ride if temp is above 32 degrees...the trails have taken a real beating.

Pine Hill's site;

Pine Hill Park Welcome

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Pine hill has been reopened. It was fairly dry all over, with a little mud here and there. Shimmer trail is still goopy, so I'd avoid it for a few more days.

Next week is looking pretty awesome.

mtbr member
    Pinehill was excellent today. No mud or rough spots that I saw. Conditions should only get better looking at the long range forecast.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    2011 Yeti 575 Race
    2008 Gary Fisher Piranha