Thread: pawtuckaway

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

pawtuckaway

hats off to the crew that has been doing work on the splitrock trail....nice job

mtbr member
    details? rode there once last summer (a year an a half ago) an thought the trails were in pretty rough shape... anything changed since then? We did the full loop 15 miles? up an around south mt etc....
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    The two singletracks are really nice, woronoco and split rock. Split rock has really nice flow and terrain, but still needs some breaking it. Problem is that since split rock Ts off woronoco about halfway down, it is it is hard to get a good loop and hit both trails without backtracking. Most of the other trails there are not great for mountain biking IMO. Take shaw trail for instance, you can use that to loop the 2 singletracks, but it is either doubletrack or really beat up old hiking trail. The terrain at Pawtuckaway is great and there is so much potnetial. I would love to see more singletrack trails built. If there is any efforts being taken to do so, I'd like to participate.

Tool
    NEMBA has been working with the State on putting more trails in Pawtuckaway (both singletracks were their doing). From what I understand a major challenge they have with Pawtuck is there is a lot of land containing protected or delicate flora, severely limiting the land available for new trails.

If you want to participate, get in touch with SNEMBA (so. NH NEMBA): NEMBA | Southern NH
    I can barely get my mouth around it.

the train keeps rollin
    delicate flora.. hmmm, bear brook must have the same flora, but the stat will log every square inch.
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdrifter View Post
    delicate flora.. hmmm, bear brook must have the same flora, but the stat will log every square inch.
    haha, so true. a little singletrack trail and 200 pounds of force is devastating to the flora but a 20,000 pound skidder is just fine.....
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by manchvegas View Post
    details? rode there once last summer (a year an a half ago) an thought the trails were in pretty rough shape... anything changed since then? We did the full loop 15 miles? up an around south mt etc....
    you should go back and hit north mountain, now thats put'n the mountain back in mountain biking. there is also another single track out that way that comes out to the school.

Ride and Smile suckas
    We are working really hard with the state as Pedalphile said. We are really trying to get a loop in there and making it a real destination. We are also starting to work with the loggers to make sure what we do goes on the state map so it cant be crossed with the logging equipment. However you see what happened to Chipmonk this year. they stopped just before the trail... all that did was drain the entire hillside into the trail. Working with the state is HARD WORK.
    I really want to meet this Manchvegas dude, or at least see some of the trails he has built. I bet they are SICK.
    "DO OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY" -Yoda
    www.snemba.org

mtbr member
    just got back from an afternoon of trail building haha! If you wanna check out some of my work and others, meet me for a ride with my buds tomorrow at noon! I gotta get more involved I know, I just hate all the bureaucratic crap that comes with working with the state. I think we all need to just meet up an ride together, as that's what brings us all together....
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp