mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Old Orchard Beach

Hey folks,
    I'll be up in Old Orchard Beach Maine at the end of this month while my wife competes in a triathlon. I've never been to Maine and am wondering what, if any, mountain biking there might be in the area. I'm trying to decide whether to bring my mountain bike (and which one-XC or AM), or my road bike.

Any information from anyone that knows would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    kporttrust.org - Trails Ride Steele trail....well marked, nice grindy single track. well signed. maps usually at trailhead. (arundel) These are really fun trails...about an hour or so of ST. Check in with Kennebunkport Bicycle company.

The Town of Falmouth - Falmouth Parks and Public Lands Alot of trails here. Blackstrap and community forest. Check in with Allspeed Cycles for details

Bradburymountain.com (freeport)

Saco Bay Trails: Clifford Park Trail Network (Biddeford) Check in with Gorham Bike and Ski main street Saco for details...there are some trails out around Ferry Beach in Saco too.

There is great (flat) road biking...head towards route 9 an kennebunk. head into the smaller (buff paved roads) of arundel (goose rocks, guinea etc) for traffic free riding. Ride around walkers point (Bush compound), hit up Biddeford Pool too.

mtbr member
    You can bring your all mtn....but XC is more than sufficient for above. the Steele trail is the best of the above in my opinion.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Falmouth trails, river trail in Portland and Bradbury Mt in Freeport are all good options for XC and AM riding. A nice relatively flat ride is the Eastern Trail. You can jump on the trail in OOB and ride it through the marsh. Check easterntrail.org for info and maps.