mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Norwich University

The Norwich University Cycling Club is well on its way. Tonight the university held the club fair and forty+ students signed up and roughly 8 of those were interested in road and or mountain biking while the rest were interested in mountain biking. I feel this is pretty big coming from a school with only 2000 students. We hope to sponsor some local events in Northfield, as well as get into some other events at locations around the state. Let me know what you all think whether you have event ideas, fundraising ideas, or just think this is plain cool. We definitely have some great ideas already brewed but would love to hear from the Vermont mountain biking community.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    This is "just plain cool". The more opportunities to grow collegiate cycling (XC, Road, cyclocross and DH) the better.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    24 hours of Paine. It has to happen. Fund raiser for the VT food Bank?

mtbr member
    That is awesome! You should go to a couple of the collegiate races this fall to see what others are doing. The UVM race is in Burke on Oct 6-7.

The trails we're building are going to make for some great XC and DH training! The Green/Yellow loop for a nice XC course and Orange to Yellow to Green is shaping up to be a super fun DH course. If you want to crush people, you could include the upper half of Red and then down Orange for the advanced XC course.

Come up to the Orange Trail and introduce yourself if we haven't met yet.

Brooke
    I used to build these: www.bikesonsnow.homestead.com
    I now build trails: www.sinuosity.net

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    We are in high hopes that the school will let student complete the white trail. There has been alot of talking about this happening. We are looking to put in some bigger jump, more along the lines as a dirt track. Hoping the school will get the money so we can buy tools
    ds