mtbr member
    Nov 2012

NH this weekend (lincoln area)

Hey everyone!

I am from mass and am visiting the Lincoln area soon. I was looking for places to ride within a half hour or so of Lincoln. I plan on riding with some low level riders but also by myself for one of the days. Could you help me find some good trails to ride? Obviously I love fast flowy singletrack though with the terrain I'm not sure it exists there. Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lstone84 View Post
    Hey everyone!

I am from mass and am visiting the Lincoln area soon. I was looking for places to ride within a half hour or so of Lincoln. I plan on riding with some low level riders but also by myself for one of the days. Could you help me find some good trails to ride? Obviously I love fast flowy singletrack though with the terrain I'm not sure it exists there. Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks
    plymouth. 20 miles south. go to rhino bikes, buy something, anything, and get beta. great riding there.

rog

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by newmarketrog View Post
    plymouth. 20 miles south. go to rhino bikes, buy something, anything, and get beta. great riding there.

rog
    so now you're into helping me?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    so now you're into helping me?
    ya, you want more?

rog

JDM
    mtbr member
    Franklin Falls is 40 minutes south, near i-93. It is fast and flowy and great for all riders, including beginners. Most of the trails ride well both ways.

bit.ly/trailheads for directions there and several other places.

I'm sure there is plenty of stuff a little farther north, but I can't help much with that.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    ya, you want more?

rog
    I'd love more. I haven't come across any info for the Plymouth trails, but they sound good, do you have a GPX file for that? (kidding) What are the areas called?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    Franklin Falls is 40 minutes south, near i-93. It is fast and flowy and great for all riders, including beginners. Most of the trails ride well both ways.

bit.ly/trailheads for directions there and several other places.

I'm sure there is plenty of stuff a little farther north, but I can't help much with that.
    Thank you. I rode FFD a few weeks ago, and it was great. I am hoping to try out a new area this weekend though.

LS

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    sorry lee man,

a bit too much beer after tonights Stratham death sprint. feelin heavy, meh

not sure what Plymouth trails are called but you could call rhino bikes ahead of time to let them know yer coming. Franconia has a bunch of stuff. bike shop at Franconia inn can help out with trail info I'm sure.

still spitting up dust

rog

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    sorry lee man,

a bit too much beer after tonights Stratham death sprint. feelin heavy, meh

not sure what Plymouth trails are called but you could call rhino bikes ahead of time to let them know yer coming. Franconia has a bunch of stuff. bike shop at Franconia inn can help out with trail info I'm sure.

still spitting up dust

rog
    thank you.

the issue is on saturday I will be riding with beginners, and sunday I will be riding alone, so I'm trying to plan a ride with the other for saturday and then a solo (more challenging) ride on sunday.

from what I read it looks like plymouth would be good for saturday and maybe franconia on sunday...i grew up skiing cannon so it would be great to mountain bike in that area.

mtbr member

NH this weekend (lincoln area)

The Franconia stuff is fun, but is certainly not fast and flowy....and really hard to find. Big ring Bob at the Franconia Inn is your beta stop, and might even guide if you bring enough beer. Nice to see Rog being cordial for a change, must have hit his head, check your helmet for cracks, Rog.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    How do the trails in Plymouth hold up to this rain Rog?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    i honestly have no idea.

rog

mtbr member
    Plymouth got slammed and will be a mess. Franklin Falls got a lot less rain and dries out faster also. AHPS precipitation analysis is a useful tool if you want to stay dry. We would all appreciate it. Thank You. See the central nh nemba page for the best map of FF.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Franklin Falls is a sure bet--mostly dry ,fast , and fun. About About 40 miles South of Lincoln, exit 22 to NH127, Left/South 3 miles to Parking--this is a Federal Dam with nice facilities,,,FREE!! Family friendly

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Plymouth was totally dry, not a single puddle in the Gyroscope or Holderness area. Good trails too, guess you now know that Plymouth can handle more water than you thought...

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thanks for all the help everyone. So I took my sister on gyroscope, in Plymouth. She had never mountain biked before so I thought the smooth, flat, trails with literally no roots or rocks at all (amazing actually) would be perfect. However, within 5 minutes of the ride she tried to ride off a little ramp up to a log in the trail. Stupidly, she chose to attempt this and went over the handlebars and broke her collarbone, not good. I was able to return later in the day to complete ride, and then did KT by myself Sunday. But thanks for the tips, Rog especially, those trails are amazing. So fast and smooth and windy me and my nephew had a blast, it was like a roller coaster.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    glad it worked out!

rog